By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Yahoo: The 'Wii Crash' of 2009

Laffer said:
@hsrob:

1.) You think the Wii Hardware is state of the art?

2.) See this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_EyeToy_games
And I apologize they inventited widespread Family Games on the CONSOLE, it was wrong to say that they invented family games as general term. But I thought it was clear from the context. Yes Nintendo was first in Japan and has a long history about the japanese Card game HANAFUDA..

3.) The most Wii owner I knew do not know something about FullHD, HDMI, etc.

4.) Hardwarewise the Gamecube was no match to the PS2 or XBOX. Of course because of the low price they sold quite a lot. I remember the Zelda series, which was quite good game, but textures were ridicolous compared to the other consoles. But there were quite good games. On the quality of game content they matched the others on many areas, I agree, but from image quality point of view....

5.) Let's say it otherwise: People discussing here are already a very limited population, people here are Hardcore Games and Fanboys, not the casual Gamers. The casual Gamers go not to post in Forums about their consoles. So, of course the People here a Wii Hardcore Gamers or Fanboys (not as negative term used here). But the majority of Wii buyers are just NOT YOU, but the people which would never know Sites like vgchartz. So you are the Elite, the exception to the standard Wii users, for PS3 and XBOX360 I think this is quite different. To expensive for leisure suit larry.

6.) I agree partly, but Gran Turismo 5 would be impossible on a Wii. Many games can not even realized on the Wii which exist on the others. And often even when they exist, they share the same name, but the Wii version is just a shadow of the other versions.

7.) Of course they are, but they had already tough years, the PS2 put them almost out of business. They wanted even to leave the Console Hardware business after the Gamecube and concentrate on software, because they could not finance to develop a NextGen console. But they made an incredible clever move which turned into an incredible success.

8.) They may... I agree, and I think they will, but this will not continue very long anymore...

I don't know if to laugh, cry, or just facepalm.  But I figure either you're not half the "hardcore" gamer you claim to be as you know nothing or just a troll right now I believe it's the second choice.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

Great start to the site Laffer! Any other incredibly off wisdom you care to share next?  I was going to respond also but it looks like a few people have already responded.  I just can't see how your statements are that off the wall and completely wrong.   Were you trying to go for a 0% accuracy rate?

Let's look at a real world comparison of the GC vs PS2

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

So, you have not got any arguments anymore...

So, posting ONE comparising video... my best friend had a Gamecube and I also played Zelda and Need for Speed etc. But from the titles available on both console, I never saw one looking better on GC. But I congratulate, you have found one, probably this is the one known to EVERY Nintendo poster hier.

So you are all claiming that Wikipedia is wrong and you are right? OK...

You also think that the main buyers of Wii are people like you, and not the mother from the other side to of the road, or the girl just around the corner... Most of Wii owner have already a past in Console Gaming...???

Software is like Sex, it is better when it is free!

Wait aobody still thinks the PS2 was the most powerfull console last gen? Did I step in a time machine back to 2002? This argument has been settled years ago. Everybody knows the GC and Xbox blew it out of the water in real world performance. Somebody is A. Not 40 nice try and B drinking 2001 Sony "Toy Story" graphics Cool Aid.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

Around the Network

I'm a PS3 fan and all, but even I know Nintendo is far from doomed. lol

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

Well, I don't see how the Wii is crashing if it's still outselling its competitors handily...

And Laffer, the GameCube did indeed have more powerful hardware. Look at Resident Evil 4 on GC and compare it to the PS2 version. It's got better colors, textures, etc... most multiplatform games had the best visuals on Xbox, with the GC versions second and the PS2 versions last. The same was with exclusives.

Nice attitude by the way. If you knew anything about last gen you would know multiplats always looked worst on PS2. Check out any comparison on IGN or similar sites. RE4 is a great example.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

The Deca Sports argument is the one that kills me.

Its like saying "Haze failed, so the prospects of Halo 4 doing well are slim."

Last year we had Mario Kart, Brawl and Wii Fit coming out at this time along with continually strong sales for Super Mario Galaxy. This year we have nothing.. hopefully Nintendo will see this as an omen for the future. Release some games!@#@!