By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has really abandoned their best selling IPs.

Xxain said:
Not this Shit again...let me guess your sellin your Wii??....you given up on Nintendo??..Nintendo did you wrong???..knock it off

his Wii is also probably gathering dust

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Around the Network

E3 aint too far away... its a bit too early for this thread yet

Well we might have a Kid Icarus game on the way, but could we at least get a great Donkey Kong game for the Wii.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

salaminizer said:
Xxain said:
Not this Shit again...let me guess your sellin your Wii??....you given up on Nintendo??..Nintendo did you wrong???..knock it off

mine or ops??

Xxain said:
salaminizer said:
Xxain said:

mine or ops??

ops, of course :P

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
They already have a mario, zelda Smash Brothers, paper mario, and metroid game this gen (zelda is arguable, but there is certainly one coming), Kid icarus is on the way, the developer of one Star Fox game has no interest in making another one right now, Punch out has been brought back from the grave, I don't see the problem.

Miyamoto developed Star Fox.  That guy only worked on what's arguably one of the worst games in the series (Command)

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Probally...Theres so entertainment on Wii, just find something to keep you busy

Xxain said:

I think he couldn't hoard to make large profit from Nintendo anymore?

huh^

Snake612 said:

When I was growing up, I loved Nintendo and the games the made and I still support Nintendo tell the day I die. They really concentrated on their best IPs. For example, despite the N64 not being the #1 console, it still had a lot of good IPs. There was Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, Hey you Pikachu,Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, StarFox 64 and other classic titles. It seems like over the years they have not only abandon their best IPs but some their best titles overall. Its hard to believe that we may not see a Kirby Wii game or a Donkey Kong Wii or a Starfox Wii or a Kid Icarus game this gen. I mean what's going on?

Why have Nintendo abandoned their best selling games?

Why Nintendo? Why?

So many questions and statements to make...

1. What does best selling IPs have to do with this topic? Some of the ones you mentioned weren't even the best selling in the fifth generation, which is where you've picked them all from in that first paragraph. Also I fail to see how titles like Kid Icarus, Donkey Kong and Star Fox could realistically outsell the Wii branded series, or even Mario Galaxy, Brawl and Mario Kart, so best selling titles these are not.

2. Out of every title and IP you mentioned, the only one that hasn't had a game in the last three years is Kid Icarus. That IP hasn't been heard of since the NES, so I'm confused as to why you mention it now after it WAS abandoned for so many years and is NOW finally being rescucitated this gen.

3. Seriously? You're longing for Hey You Pikachu 2?

4. Star Fox? Get a DS. Donkey Kong? Get a DS. Kirby? Get a DS. Pikachu? Get a DS.

5. Last generation, a Donkey Kong platformer didn't see a release until four years after the console came out. A traditional Star Fox didn't see release until four years after the console came out. Kirby never even saw a traditional platforming release. Nintendo decided to turn Hey You Pikachu into a real time strategy pinball game called Odama, and that came out like five years after the GC came out.

So really...what are you complaining about?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.