By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo has really abandoned their best selling IPs.

When I was growing up, I loved Nintendo and the games the made and I still support Nintendo tell the day I die. They really concentrated on their best IPs. For example, despite the N64 not being the #1 console, it still had a lot of good IPs. There was Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, Hey you Pikachu,Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, StarFox 64 and other classic titles. It seems like over the years they have not only abandon their best IPs but some their best titles overall. Its hard to believe that we may not see a Kirby Wii game or a Donkey Kong Wii or a Starfox Wii or a Kid Icarus game this gen. I mean what's going on?

Why have Nintendo abandoned their best selling games?

Why Nintendo? Why?

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Around the Network

Most of those games are still there or are being developed.... except Hey Pikachu..... that was terrible.

You're flipping between best selling and what you believe to be best quality and I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

Who says they're not going to make those games?

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Snake612 said:

When I was growing up, I loved Nintendo and the games the made and I still support Nintendo tell the day I die. They really concentrated on their best IPs. For example, despite the N64 not being the #1 console, it still had a lot of good IPs. There was Super Mario 64, Donkey Kong 64, Hey you Pikachu,Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, StarFox 64 and other classic titles. It seems like over the years they have not only abandon their best IPs but some their best titles overall. Its hard to believe that we may not see a Kirby Wii game or a Donkey Kong Wii or a Starfox Wii or a Kid Icarus game this gen. I mean what's going on?

Why have Nintendo abandoned their best selling games?

Why Nintendo? Why?

OMG, this generation is over already?

When was somebody going to tell me?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

They already have a mario, zelda Smash Brothers, paper mario, and metroid game this gen (zelda is arguable, but there is certainly one coming), Kid icarus is on the way, the maker of starfox has no interest in making another one right now, Punch out has been brought back from the grave, I don't see the problem.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

MontanaHatchet said:
You're flipping between best selling and what you believe to be best quality and I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

Yep, pretty much.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

I pretty sure they are going to make those games eventually, give them time, the generation is not even half way

Not this Shit again...let me guess your sellin your Wii??....you given up on Nintendo??..Nintendo did you wrong???..knock it off

We have already seen a Mario game.
We have already seen and will see another Zelda game.
We are expected to see a Kirby game (it is on the Japanese release schedule).

We will probably see a Star Fox game.

We may see a DK game -- though we really have not seen one since Rare left Nintendo.

We may see a Kid Icarus game -- though there seems to be a lot of love for a one-off franchise from the NES days. (I realize there was also a Gameboy game, but not many people ever saw it/bought it).

No one in their right mind wants to see a Hey You Pikachu game.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV