By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I demand a new Wii channel... The Aquarium!

I think an Aquarium Wii channel would be too awesome, and I really, really hope we get something like that in the future - even as a WiiWare title. I more easily pay a few $ for it. (are you listening Nintendo???)

Some potential features:

- breed your fish
 - use WiiConnect-24 to send/trade fish with a friend
 - take screenshots, and send to people
 - use the Wiimote to shine lights, poke the fish, feed them and more
 - buy/collect objects and decorate your tank
 - uses the realtime clock to work out the fish cycle, how much daylight is present

You could get money for daily feeding, trading with others, selling items/fish, cleaning the tank. A more elaborate version could have bigger user content generation tools.

The money is used to buy new fish, trade, new items, upgrade your aquarium and more.

It would encourage daily play, trading and a bit of creativity.

I also can't imagine how cool it would look on my new toy (TV...). We would probably just leave it running all the time. 

Any thoughts? Anyone else want something like this? It could also be a awesome feature for something like HOME - Sony may already have it planned.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

Wouldn't be my cup of tea but I could very easily see my aunt mother and sister all dying to pick up a game like that. Nintendo should get cracking on it before someone else does or like you said 3rd parties on WiiWare gogogo!

Now Playing : Links Crossbow Training(Wii), Super Mario Galaxy(Wii) FE: Path of Radiance(GC)

If it were free i'd use it..

you could leave it on during the afternoon so it feels like a real aquarium.

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

Even though burn-in is rare on newer HD-TVs, I still don't feel comfortable with the current Wii diming as a screensaver.   Don't you just hate when you aren't near a save point and your phone rings?  Perhaps an aquarium could act as a Wii screen saver.   You can fill it with the fish you catch in Animal Crossing, Zelda, etc.  Perhaps a Blooper from Mario, a dead Tataglia from Godfather, or a metroid could float through on occasion. 

Around the Network

That sounds AWESOME! I would buy that.

Wii-quarium, eh? I'M SOLD!

Sounds like an aquatic Viva Pinata, which is not a bad thing. I actually have an aquarium screen-saver that's very soothing. It would rock as an interactive feature.

i would buy like a hundred fish then stick a piranah in it. :D

Dude, I would totally buy a Wii Aquarium. That's friggin awesome

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)