By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The "let's bash the wii" weekend

This is a funny one: Dreamcast had better online than the Wii has now.

http://kouppa-networklive.com/?p=1196

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Gnac said:
Carl2291 said:
Who cares?

PS3 got bashed at the end of 08... 360 got bashed at the beginning of 08.

Thats life.

Lucky for them! Wii's been getting shit on since Dec '06.

So has PS3 (price) and so has 360 (rrod) and numerous other reasons to boot.

But there has been a lot of praise in general for the others. The things mentioned in this thread are just the usual Wii hate turned up to 11, because its popularity is annoying these awful journalists even more.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Arius Dion said:
Hm..Maybe its just me but this month was RE5 month and both HD twins got trounced as RE5 did little to move HW...but "Hey Look!, Wii 'only' sold 600k..and and Madworld flopped!"

Gosh!! PS360 flopped!!

do you know those whiners who whine about lack of wii games, about lack of "core" games are actually PS360 fanboys in disguise?

@ Gnac.
There has also been plenty of praise for the Wii, more possibly than the other 2 consoles.

Carl2291 said:
Gnac said:
Carl2291 said:
Who cares?

PS3 got bashed at the end of 08... 360 got bashed at the beginning of 08.

Thats life.

Lucky for them! Wii's been getting shit on since Dec '06.

So has PS3 (price) and so has 360 (rrod) and numerous other reasons to boot.

The 3 consoles have received many bashing. But you have to admit that they hardly ever say anything good about the Wii while they tend to say many rosy stuff to the HD twins. It seems that the PS360 always do good stuff but the wii never does anything right. I have yet to find a list giving 25 reasons to ditch the Xbox360 or what did the PS3 did wrong.

The point is, I don't see why they should bash any console. That just proofs how pathetic gaming journalists are. Thanks god they are dissapearing.

Around the Network
rckrz6 said:
SaviorX said:
rckrz6 said:
SaviorX said:
rckrz6 said:
SaviorX said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Wow, GameDaily said that the Wii is too expensive and that Wii Fit is for idiots. They're not even trying.

GameDaily is invalid as a trustworthy website.

For Pete's sake, they said the 360 was the greatest console of all-time, and had the best controller. That wipes their credibility right off the radar.

Thats there opinion. Maybe not yours

They could at least wait until the generation is over. Even if it is their opinion, how does that reflect upon their news coverage and game reviews after that point? If you are a website of universal coverage, announcing the 360 as the best system of all-time makes every thing you do after that get called into question, at least from me.

When they say of all time i beleive that means up to date. There will be something better next gen

Still, it isn't really an excuse. There was a list that GameDaily posted. It had 15 entries (not sure of the exact number) but it beat out the PS2, SNES, DS, everything.

Any review on anything is just someones opinion, you maybe agree or disagree its up to you. Im not stick up for gamedaily im just saying you shouldn;t bash a website on a somethign they said that you don;t agree with as long as they can explain why they review something a certain way. I mean they say the wii sucks, but atleast they expained why.

Not exactly, a review MUST argue their view with evidence to indicate why they feel this way. There is no way at all that someone can argue the 360, with its amount of falure rate and narrow selection in games and audience demographic, beats out everything else as best system.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Nintendo should be worried when they stop hating.

About time to have articles these for Wii :)

Carl2291 said:
@ Gnac.
There has also been plenty of praise for the Wii, more possibly than the other 2 consoles.

So to answer your original question: you care.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

monlosez said:
About time to have articles these for Wii :)

is it just me or..?? have you guys noticed a similarity in these people? spot the difference!

do you know those whiners who whine about lack of wii games, about lack of "core" games are actually PS360 fanboys in disguise?