By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what is the best fighting game u played this gen?

Tekken 5 for PSP

Around the Network

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

I am a Breakout Bat.
I am an abstract sort of creature, who dislikes any sort of restraint. If you try to pigeonhole me, I'll break the box, and come back for more. I don't have any particular ambitions, I just drift, but I am adept at keeping life going along.

What Video Game Character Are You?

Proud Member of the Mega Mario Movement Yummy Yoshi Yankees

Brawl by a country mile.

I've played quite a bit of SC4, and while it was fun, it suffered from the same flaws as SC2 - the entire single player mode can be beaten by mashing a single button, as can all but the best human opponents. The characters weren't balanced and certain moves pretty much impossible to counter/stop.

If you try button mashing in Brawl you get your ass handed to you by even a low level cpu player or someone who's played a few matches

mjc2021 said:
boxydancer said:
Brawl is the only fighter this gen I've seriously enjoyed. Ask me again seven months from now after Tekken 6 releases.

The Gameworks here has a Japanese Tekken 6 arcade.

Did you play Tekken 5? Well you've played Tekken 6.

I don't play Tekken for the gameplay exclusively (which I don't really want to change too much, really...I'd rather not have to relearn my characters); I care about the story as well, as ridiculous as that sounds.

So no, I have not played Tekken 6. Looking forward to it, though. ;)

Well as some people stated Tekken DR for the PSP, but if for consoles the most fun I had was SC 4... its not the ebst or most balanced fighter ever, but its fun as hell :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Around the Network

So far Street Fighter IV

I've played quite a bit of SC4, and while it was fun, it suffered from the same flaws as SC2 - the entire single player mode can be beaten by mashing a single button, as can all but the best human opponents. The characters weren't balanced and certain moves pretty much impossible to counter/stop.

Thats just complete bull. Anyone whom have spent a moderate time with SC4 knows that is'nt true. Sure, you can lagbomb someone - thus it becomes true. but as long as you only play against ppl with good connections, its impossible. I only play against ppl with low ping, thus I avoid getting lagbombed. (and i never have problems finding someone with low ping)

That said, when I was a clueless newbie, I also thought the game was unbalanced until I kinda started to get to know what I was doing.