By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what is the best fighting game u played this gen?

mjc2021 said:
Arius Dion said:
Brawl.

The Brawl Adventure mode was a lot of fun but the basic fighting mode has become stale.

The fighters I currently own this gen are SSF2HD, Virtua Fighter 5, DOA4, and SC4. Its all sequels that only feel like a small improvment over their predecessors. SSF2HD is the most fun because it just never gets old and its not a button masher.

Your opinion, and I respect it..But I could not disagree more.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network

Virtua Fighter 5

Brawl, Smash is the only fighter I can master

sc4

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

Arius Dion said:
mjc2021 said:
Arius Dion said:
Brawl.

The Brawl Adventure mode was a lot of fun but the basic fighting mode has become stale.

The fighters I currently own this gen are SSF2HD, Virtua Fighter 5, DOA4, and SC4. Its all sequels that only feel like a small improvment over their predecessors. SSF2HD is the most fun because it just never gets old and its not a button masher.

Your opinion, and I respect it..But I could not disagree more.

I've been playing Smash Bros since the original release. Not much has changed in regards to standard fighting. It's the extra shit the game offers that really makes it shine.

Around the Network

Street fighter 4, waiting for Tekken 6.

super smash bros. brawl

Brawl. I still get together on weekends to play with friends.

CIHYFS?

Street Fighter 4 is the best fighter this gen as it is simplistic to learn, but extremely difficult to master. It also has great simplistic art design which is appealing to my eye personally.

I've played Smash since its inception, Loved the 64 edition, wasn't crazy about Melee (thought it was broken) and fell in love with Brawl. Not only is it in my top fighters of all time but one of my top games ever.

It is so simple yet so deep as well. I'm playing it to this day. It is a game you don't master, you only get better. Brawl is much better balanced than Melee a year later and and I still get amped to play against friends and people I've never met. Next weekend I'm playing in a tourny in NY, the game is cult, man.

Just for the record, my top fighting games would be (not in particular order..well maybe) Brawl, Super Street Fighter 2, Soul Calibur 2, MK3, Killer Instinct...Probably more but that's pretty much it.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.