By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How many games per year or month or week or *coughs*days do you purchase?

super_etecoon said:
2 a month...at the end of a generation this number always goes up...as does the number of games I stop playing. For instance, I still haven't finished FFXII, Jak X Racing, Twilight Princess, argh...the list goes on.

And W29...I didn't realize you take those names so personally. I would think you would embrace them since they establish your post history. My apologies to you and I will step with caution. I tend to embrace sarcasm, and I feel like announcing the sarcasm takes away from the joke. My apologies.

Its cool man, What if I said I was joking about the whole thing? I should embrace my previous accounts though? wow I consider myself a veretran then. WOOOHOOOO!!!

On Topic: I have Madden NFL 08 which I play online with and do season mode, I have Tomb Raider Lengend didn't beat that yet, I have Fable from the original Xbox didn't beat that yet. I bought Fable for $10 by the way. And I have Two Worlds which I am borrowing from my cousin. I need to beat these games before Halo 3 comes out.

Around the Network

i'm currently at 0.75/month with the Wii. it'll probably go up later this year with a bunch of first party titles.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

RolStoppable said:
super_etecoon said:
2 a month...at the end of a generation this number always goes up...as does the number of games I stop playing. For instance, I still haven't finished FFXII, Jak X Racing, Twilight Princess, argh...the list goes on.

And W29...I didn't realize you take those names so personally. I would think you would embrace them since they establish your post history. My apologies to you and I will step with caution. I tend to embrace sarcasm, and I feel like announcing the sarcasm takes away from the joke. My apologies.

I know this just too well, I've fallen for it big time. But you know, that's what makes it such a good joke at the end.

Well played, super_etecoon.

Well said, Rol.

I normally buy bulk. I'll buy a game probably once a week, but every month or so I buy a couple dozen games, but this is mainly for console games, since most console games you can't download online, and well, I live on an island, so whenever I head to the city to shop I make sure it is a meaningful and worthwhile via crucis.

As an example, I bought about 80 games during my last addictive impulse game shopping binge spree, and about 100 DVDs.

And don't even get me started on Virtual Console or Steam...

Wow, 80 games in one day. That's quite a big boat you'll need there.

Myself, I buy exactly one game per month (I don't count VC games though). I have my wish list which currently holds 9 released and 8 unreleased games. The section of released games I haven't bought yet is getting longer, but it helps me decide which games I really want. Out of the list I will pick and buy the most desired title every month. If a game is on that list for too long and doesn't get bought it's a good sign that I don't really want it, even though it's supposed to be good.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

Around the Network

About 1 game a month.

For me it really depends on what games are out at any given time. If no game interests me for 3 months I wouldn't buy a game for 3 months but if there are 4 must-have games coming out I'll rush out and buy them all over a period of a few weeks lol

0.5/month ish for the last 6 years.
should be more next year since i'm retiring.... err.... graduating

You Spoony Bard!

Oh lol it can be only 5 on a year or 10 in a week.

It really depends.

about 5-7 games per month

~Now Playing~
PC: Max Payne 3, World of Warcraft

X360: MW3, Skyrim

PS2: Persona 4

Last Purchase(s): Max Payne 3, WoW Game Time Next Purchase(s): None at the moment... 

Gamertag: InfernoTrell