By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Charts Week 16 (04/13/09 - 04/19/09)

Holy damn, lowest week ever for the Wii according to Famitsu?? Hopefully next week we will see a small boost at least, something like 25k for the Wii would be miraculous. To think that 25k is great for the Wii now shows how terrible sales are. Although an abnormal week PS3 outsold the Wii 4:1, impressive.

But congrats to Taiko, 500k sold, will soon beat DQS as the best selling 3rd party Wii game.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
trestres said:
Holy damn, lowest week ever for the Wii according to Famitsu?? Hopefully next week we will see a small boost at least, something like 25k for the Wii would be miraculous. To think that 25k is great for the Wii now shows how terrible sales are. Although an abnormal week PS3 outsold the Wii 4:1, impressive.

But congrats to Taiko, 500k sold, will soon beat DQS as the best selling 3rd party Wii game.

No, actually last week was lower.

alfredofroylan said:
trestres said:

Famitsu had Wii at 16k last week.

57k? Seriously FF is STILL big in Japan. Impact similar to MGS4 IIRC... Very impressive as for a 30 minute long demo.

BTW I think most people here underestimate K2. I think it will start pretty decent with 60k week one and finish around solid 100k. Yes - it is that good. Personally I think japanese gamers will find Helghast's nazi look really appealing.

Deca Sports 2 opened to 2.5k first day, and ended at 8.6k for the week. Godfather 2, lets not talk about that.

PSP and DSi sell the exact same amount. Software was on/off between them though.......

Oboro Muramasa is at 30/56k, a little over halfway there after 2 weeks, so it has to leg things out from here.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Isn't it the first time in ages that a console actually is the top selling hardware for the week over handhelds ?

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

kber81 said:

57k? Seriously FF is STILL big in Japan. Impact similar to MGS4 IIRC... Very impressive as for a 30 minute long demo.

BTW I think most people here underestimate K2. I think it will start pretty decent with 60k week one and finish around solid 100k. Yes - it is that good. Personally I think japanese gamers will find Helghast's nazi look really appealing.

Previous PS3 FPS which did well had pretty good legs, I don't think any opened up at 60k, so that seems a bit high for first week. I'll go with 30k first week, 70k LTD.

alfredofroylan said:
trestres said:

No, actually this week was lower.

Try again next time!

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Go Valkyria Chronicles!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

RE 5 still way up if you consider the 360 sales.

57k!!. seriously looks like ps3 have a chance especially when FF13 and versus are released.