By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Maybe the 360 version of FFXIII will be downgraded (my Thoughts)

TAKING IN MIND THE PS3 VERSION WILL USE 100% OF ITS POWER SO THE PS3 VERSION SHOULD BE BETTER AS THE PS3'S GOT MORE POTENTIAL. THE DEMO OF FFXIII RELEASED RECENTLY WAS HUGE  5.09GB WHICH IS AN HOUR WORTH OF GAMEPLAY SO FITTING THE WHOLE GAME ON A DVD IS GONNA BE A CHALLENGE AND A RIDUCULOUS AMOUNT OF DOWNGRADES TOO :-0

Around the Network

the only advantage I see on PS3 is the audio which is perfect on my system but that is not really a big deal.

no, MS will pay to SE to downgrade the ps3 version (cut cgi, cut audio, cut gamelenght,etc) it will come in 2 dvd and it will have no cgi ending. this game needs at least 5 dvds, one extra dvd just to hold the ending. when we talk about cgi or audio the 360 cant compress shit.

The PS3 version will run better.

360 version wont need to be compressed as much as people think.

VGSpain said:
Zkuq said:
RAZurrection said:
Zkuq said:
RAZurrection said:
The only thing that'll be downgraded is the movie/audio quality which are all inherantly due to disc space.

But if it's like any other Xbox 360 multiplatform game, it'll have less aliasing, less slowdown, better 1080p scaling and superior texture quality.

Umm... You do realize the game was meant to be a PS3 exclusive, meaning it's been been designed with PS3 in mind, and no other platforms. .

And as many a learned developer have confirmed, it's easier to port from PS3 to 360 then vice versa, if it works on PS3, it'll fly on 360.

Assassins Creed, UT3, Virtua Fighter, Skate 2, The FOrce Unleashed and Devil May Cry 4 are testement to that.

Got any recent high-profile examples? Assassin's Creed, Virtua Fighter and Devil May Cry were released pretty early so the devs didn't have that much experience yet. Unreal Tournament uses Unreal Engine 3 which is almost always better on the 360, and it was also released much later on the 360 (more time for the 360 version). Skate 2 and The Force Unleashed are pretty low-profile releases anyway. I'd say they didn't have that talented dev teams. Anyway, apparently CoD4 is pretty much equal on both platforms, and please note it didn't have a lead platform, and if there are differences, they are pretty minor. Burnout Paradise is slightly better on PS3. My point was that it's easily possible for the PS3 version to be better if the conditions are right. Oh, and on Beyond3D's forums, some guys seem to be thinking FFXIII PS3 demo is 720p and 4xAA, though they also seem very uncertain (and 4xAA sounds pretty unbelievable for a PS3 game). Doesn't seem too bad so far.

And in case you were wondering, I don't think the 360 version is going to suffer because because it's a port (sort of). It's simply not going to end up looking much, if at all, better, and might even end up looking slightly worse. Anyway, the differences in realtime parts ought to be pretty insignificant.

Square Enix said the game will be 720p/30fps and... GT5P is 4xAA with 720p and if you use 1080p then 2xAA

this is correct,i heard it drops to 30 fps only during the replays but 4xAA is pretty impressive

Use power for the right things. At least for the things that you believe in.

Around the Network

here's a thought.... what if the 360 ver. is better?

You wanna have your opinion, then you have to respect different opinions as well.

How many of these threads do people need to make? Yes, the PS3 version will most likely look marginally better, the CGI will probably have to be compressed for 360, and only the PS3 will support 7.1 audio. People are blowing this out of proportion though it's not as if the PS3 version will look like max settings while the 360 is running on low settings.

ozsman said:
here's a thought.... what if the 360 ver. is better?

well a LOT of fanboys will get angry

xeroxm3 said:
How many of these threads do people need to make? Yes, the PS3 version will most likely look marginally better, the CGI will probably have to be compressed for 360, and only the PS3 will support 7.1 audio. People are blowing this out of proportion though it's not as if the PS3 version will look like max settings while the 360 is running on low settings.

if this thread is duplicate or repetitive it would have been locked

We'll have to wait and see.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

My Most Wanted Games: StarCraft II, Diablo III, Next console Zelda, and Final Fantasy VII remake.