By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Without SONIC, dreamcast sucked *FACT*

DaveD said:
yo_john117 said:
What does QFT mean??

quoted for truth

LOL!!!!

Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2

Around the Network

Dreamcast woulda succeeded without Sonic, but still, whats a Sega system without Sonic games?

I think its more, Without Dreamcast, Sonic woulda sucked.. like it does now.

NO WAY!

Without Sonic Dreamcast is still rockin, NFL2K, NBA 2K, which were revolutionary/jawdropping at the time and made EA say WHAAAAH!, Soul Calibur, Crazy Taxi, Power Stone, Shenmue, Blue Stinger, Skies of Arcadia, Hydro Thunder (ohh Hydro Thunder, wipeout on the water), Jet Grind Radio, Ready to Rumble boxing, ChuChu Rocket, Outtrigger, Marvel Versus Capcom 2, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Resident Evil: Code Veronica, and many more.

Not to mention the best launch line-up ever a record yet to be broken by any of these systems today.

Looks like someone don't know their history.

Obviously you never owned one.

Around the Network
DiplomaticImmunity said:

come on guys be honest if it wasnt for sonic, the dreamcast would've sucked

the only other game i can think of is marve vs capcom but that was multi-plat

I don't want to get banned so I won't spout a load of expletives at you. However please for future reference you must understand the difference between opinion and fact. The earth is round 'FACT', Obama is President of the United States 'FACT' however the Dreamcast sucked apart from Sonic is not fact BUT YOUR OPINION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Personally I think your opinion sucks but hey that's my opinion not a fact. Though I am in favour of it becoming so.

i loved my dreamcast. it had some awesome games other than sonis, like:

crazy taxi 1+2
jet set radio
space channel 5
pso
metropolis street racer
shenmue 1+2
powerstone 1+2
resident evil code veronica
d2
ecco the dolphin
fighting vipers 2
house of the dead 2
samba de amigo
puyo pop fever
sega gt
daytona usa
virtua fighter4
virtua tennis 1+2
virtua cop
ferrari f355 challenge

these were all awesome games worth owening a dreamcast for without the need for sonic.

I'll add to everyone else when i say shenmue was the biggest thing that system brought

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

joke thread lol obviously well at least i'm getting VG$ for this thank you guys

You should be beaten, burned to ashes then someone should throw your ashes from a plane

Ecco the Dolphin was on Genesis, and Virtua Fighter 4 came out well after the Dreamcast was dead. Dreamcast got VF3tb.

@DiplomaticImmunity - Orly? Ironic you'd say that after half the site freaked out on you. I'm not buyin' it.

SW-5120-1900-6153