By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 surpasses 1 million units sold worldwide

Congrats GG on a fantastic fps, to all those who are saying "omg da salez sux da big one".......my goodness how is selling 1.37 million a "flop"? I really find it strange that a good game like this gets dissed by so many fanboys like it does. But this article is very out of date seeing it sold 750,000 first day world wide and has since passed the million mark in it's first 30 days of existance.

Around the Network

well considering the hype this game had 1.4 M or so isnt amazing sales but its not bad either. Good job GG

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Think the author is confused again.

Last week, she posted  that KZ2 had sold 500k units (on a sidenote, neglecting to mention that that was just for America) when Steinberg's actual comment was that it was the fastest Sony title to do 500k, not that it had just reached 500k.

You should remember that previous article she messed up, reask. It was the one where you were quick to start accusing people in the comment section of applying damage control.

well deserved imo. it has one of the greatest online multiplayer i have ever played for a shooter. i just wished it wasnt so unbalanced though. congrats to the developers and wishing for a couple more million units.

there are 930k players online so i think they surpassed the 1 million mark 1 month or so ago

Around the Network

How badly has VGC overtracked it?

ElectronicRocker said:
there are 930k players online so i think they surpassed the 1 million mark 1 month or so ago

People might have multiple accounts or people might share the game.  So it wouldn't be 930k unique users who each bought the game.  Also, used sales will contribute to the number of people playing online.

^^ but what all the people who bought the game that don't have online gotta add them also

bobobologna said:
ElectronicRocker said:

People might have multiple accounts or people might share the game.  So it wouldn't be 930k unique users who each bought the game.  Also, used sales will contribute to the number of people playing online.

But I thought no one has PS3 friends. I mean everyone has an 360. So PS3 people can't share games plus it sucks anyway so why would people in your household want mutiple accounts.

/sarcasm

Plus you have to have so many kills and rounds to be entered on the leaderboard. Then there are people who only play sigle player. I think it is safe to say Killzone 2 passed 1 million long ago.

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

Avarice28 said:
Congrats GG on a fantastic fps, to all those who are saying "omg da salez sux da big one".......my goodness how is selling 1.37 million a "flop"? I really find it strange that a good game like this gets dissed by so many fanboys like it does. But this article is very out of date seeing it sold 750,000 first day world wide and has since passed the million mark in it's first 30 days of existance.

It was hyped more than the 2nd coming of Jesus?

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)