By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 2 surpasses 1 million units sold worldwide

richardhutnik said:
How badly has VGC overtracked it?

We actually have undertracked it a bit.

Around the Network
DaveD said:
Avarice28 said:
Congrats GG on a fantastic fps, to all those who are saying "omg da salez sux da big one".......my goodness how is selling 1.37 million a "flop"? I really find it strange that a good game like this gets dissed by so many fanboys like it does. But this article is very out of date seeing it sold 750,000 first day world wide and has since passed the million mark in it's first 30 days of existance.

It was hyped more than the 2nd coming of Jesus?

That's free service from the fans, doesn't cost Sony anything =)

Not great, but consider this:

1. Bad economy
2. Wasn't released during holiday season
3. Was released shortly after holiday season, when everybody is broke

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

well it seems to be undertracked, i mean these numbers are coming right from Sony I don't really know how you can argue with it. 1 million sold WW, and the 500k was a press release from Sony earlier for America only.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Well NPD basically just confirmed it sold about 500k-600k in its first month [Feb 27-March 31]

EDIT: It's actually 619k copies sold in America alone. I seriously expect EU to be a little more than what it has sold in America.

Also there are about 920k people who signed up online Killzone 2. Keep in mind that there are some people who only play Single Player and don't have wifi.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

Around the Network

if sony says they sold 1mil units(shipped) and we have sales as almost 1.4 mil....how does this mean VGC has undertracked it?

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

yea i mean overtracked

also normally i would think they meant shipped, but the 500k released not long ago matches up with NPD pretty well, don't think it could be shipped.

The question everyone here should be asking themselves is??

Is Sony referring to 1 million shipped to retailers or 1 million sold to customers.

The article is pretty clear stating Sony today revealed that the critically acclaimed first-person shooter from Guerilla Games has sold over one million copies worldwide.

but is that sold to retailer or sold to customer?

http://www.gamedaily.com/games/killzone-2/playstation-3/game-news/killzone-2-eclipses-1-million-sold/

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

i guess i need some better reading skills cause ive read the article three times and i still cant find where it says TODAY killzone 2 just past 1 million...call me an idiot but when i read it it says killzone 2 has already supassed one million...when did it pass one million ? how far past one million is it? i cant find the answer to either one of those question....im glad i have all the nice educated folks on here to tell me such things