By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Poll: Europeans - Do you like Obama?

*Before you vote read the rules*

When you vote also post your vote answer in the thread. This is so we don't get non-Europeans voted. any votes not accounted for then we will know if somone has been tampering with the votes

Ok, basically, in the thread "Secede form the US" it was claimed a couple of times that Europe hated Obama by the usual anti-Obama few. But I think Europe likes Obama, so let's see...

http://four.flash-gear.com/mp/mp.php?c=h&id=904496116&k=1692060115&h=237

Around the Network

I like him

From the two candidates he was the best still I would not like a guy as him as president his opinions about some issues are totally not in line with my view.

I like him

Indifferent

Around the Network

I'm not European but I will say that most Aussies I know support Obama. I think you'll find the rest of the world like Obama a lot more then we did Bush.

I have yet to meet a European that does not like Obama. Then again, i am yet too meet a European that did not despise Bush and his policies. After Bush, even Pee Wee Herman seems like a messiah.

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

sparkit34 said:
I have yet to meet a European that does not like Obama. Then again, i am yet too meet a European that did not despise Bush and his policies. After Bush, even Pee Wee Herman seems like a messiah.

The most Europeans don't know better.

To summarize what Europeans thought about the two president candidates:

MC Cain: Bush number 2.

Obama: Not Bush number 2.

Of course Europeans will like Obama more than MC Cain =p. Obama may fuck up the USA the next four years no European will really care.

I like him, not only is he a welcome change to the guy you've had leading your country for the last 8 years, but I honestly believe he's going to change things for one very good reason. He is the embodyment of what the USA should be, a culturally diverse country. Just a shame he's not female.

Hmm, pie.

@lostplanet22

I think you underestimate Europeans and their grasp of international politics. I wouldn't be surprised if Europeans know more about Obama that most Americans do. I think Obama embraces a lot of the political ideas he sees around the world, so a lot of foreigners understand his policies better than most Americans do, having experienced the benefits of their impact.

I honestly also do not know how Obama can mess up the USA more than it has been messed up in the last 8 years. To go from a nation that most people admired, to one most nations mock shows just how much impact one man can have on a whole society.

When all American tourists start saying they are from Canada, then you know something is going wrong. So just the fact that most American tourist no longer deny being from the states means Obama must be doing something right.

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club