By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Obama Says We're Not a Christian Nation

If your president Barack Hussein Obama II says that you're not a christian nation, then you're not a christian nation. Live with it.

Your constitution clearly says that you are a secular nation even though you've got a lot of religious people inside of your borders. That does not alter the fact that the United States of America is a secular nation.

/

Around the Network
dsister44 said:
O-D-C said:
dsister44 said:
O-D-C said:
dsister44 said:
O-D-C said:
well its also a democracy, so the majority decides, and last I checked the majority was christian so...

actualy america is a republic not a democracy

...?

in a democracy we vote straight for the president. in are(?) country we vote then the electora;l votes are the ones that actually count.

also chect the pledge of allegiance

" i pledge allegiance to the flag of the united  states of america. for in this republic for which it stands...."

Well it's a Republic in the same way that Canada is a Dominion, but arent they still democracys in the sense that the people decide the leader?

well, its basically the same, but like i said in a democracy you vote directly for the president, and you vote actually goes torward it. but in a republic the  electoral college looks at your vote then decides to vote depending what they thought of those votes.

like how in 2004 bush lost the votes,but got more electoral votes therefore he won.

ah thanks

see you do learn something everyday!

well, its basically the same, but like i said in a democracy you vote directly for the president, and you vote actually goes torward it. but in a republic the  electoral college looks at your vote then decides to vote depending what they thought of those votes.

like how in 2004 bush lost the votes,but got more electoral votes therefore he won.

Actually America is both democratic and a republic. All being a republic means is that your countries head of state is not a monarch.

So yeah, America is a democratic republic.

For the people pissed at this. I think you'd be alot more pissed off if america was a christian theocracy. Crazy shit happens in theocracies.

A true democracy is completely different. In a true democracy, you vote on every bill that is proposed by your state and the federal legislature.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network
akuma587 said:
A true democracy is completely different. In a true democracy, you vote on every bill that is proposed by your state and the federal legislature.

That's not the commonly accepted definition of democracy.

--

And I agree with Obama. It isn't a Christian nation, it's a nation where most of the people would state their religion as "Christian".A true Christian nation would be theocratic and therefore run according to the Bible. Which it plainly isn't because the nonbelievers are still alive.

I see a lot of you have not read the Constitution. Find me the passage that states we are a Christian Nation please.

PS: The US is a Constitution-based Federal Republic with Democratic tradition.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
I see a lot of you have not read the Constitution. Find me the passage that states we are a Christian Nation please.

PS: The US is a Constitution-based Federal Republic with Democratic tradition. <-That's actually the official title by the CIA.

"But we can quit at any time, honest!"

To be honest it would foolish to run a country in a modern world based on a 2000 year old obsolete ideaology. The world has changed.

highwaystar101 said:
To be honest it would foolish to run a country in a modern world based on a 2000 year old obsolete ideaology. The world has changed.

To play devils advocate here, some concpets never change.  Thou shall not kill is one for example.   Thou shall sell thy daughter to thy neightbor to pay a debt...yeah, that one can go.

The rEVOLution is not being televised