By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Obama Says We're Not a Christian Nation

ZZetaAlec said:
TheRealMafoo said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but don't you have to join a church in some European countries? I thought the church systems is how some kept track of there people, so while you don't have to practice, you do have to join.

As for giving people $1000 making your country more free.. it's only free for the people who get it. For the ones paying it, it's a lot less free.

You are indeed wrong. And the US was founded on the principles of keeping church and state seperate and giving everyone the freedom of worship. It was only during the 50's and 60's that the Bible bashers gained infuence and America then started to percieve it'self as a Christian nation.

I looked it up, I am wrong as of 2000.

http://www.adherents.com/largecom/com_sweden.html

Around the Network

This reminds me I need to go and read the crucible those puritans are funny.

agree with obama

ZZetaAlec said:
TheRealMafoo said:
Correct me if I am wrong, but don't you have to join a church in some European countries? I thought the church systems is how some kept track of there people, so while you don't have to practice, you do have to join.

As for giving people $1000 making your country more free.. it's only free for the people who get it. For the ones paying it, it's a lot less free.

You are indeed wrong. And the US was founded on the principles of keeping church and state seperate and giving everyone the freedom of worship. It was only during the 50's and 60's that the Bible bashers gained infuence and America then started to percieve it'self as a Christian nation.

First, I don't think we're a Christian nation.  That said, get some stuff in history right.  The US was never, ever founded on the idea of keeping church and state seperate.  Everyone always acts like it's one of our core values, but all it is is a quote taken from one of Jefferson's letters he wrote trying to some group, I forget which.  It's nothing more.  Plus, the perception of a Christian nation started way back before the 50's and 60's.  It wasn't even a question really, as Christianity was dominant for atleast two centuries.  You only have to look at the treatment of atheists in the early 20th century to see how pervasive such an attitude was even then.

i have to do a message from halogamer1989 "communist, hes going to through this country into the toilet"

and now one from me "*cough*douche bag*cough*"

lol, i hate that guy.
*leaves thread forever*

Around the Network

well its also a democracy, so the majority decides, and last I checked the majority was christian so...

O-D-C said:
well its also a democracy, so the majority decides, and last I checked the majority was christian so...

actualy america is a republic not a democracy

And grass is green and ducks go quack. If anyone actually sees a problem with his accurate and positive statements (It really is a good thing that the United States is a multicultural society with a multitude of belief systems), then that person needs to seriously re-evaluate their thoughts on the world.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Yeah, we've got too many Christians in this country particularly among the uneducated masses. Darwin and Nietzsche showed all that stuff to be bogus back in the 19th century.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

dsister44 said:
O-D-C said:

actualy america is a republic not a democracy

...?