By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Obama Says We're Not a Christian Nation

but, what you guys don't know is that religion brings a country together.

Around the Network
dsister44 said:

So does 19 people flying 757's into the Twin Towers, the Pentagon and a field in Penn.  What's your point?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

dsister44 said:

Yeah, it worked for my country in 1534. All the Christians loved each other during that time...

Viper1 said:
dsister44 said:

So does 19 people flying 757's into the Twin Towers, the Pentagon and a field in Penn.  What's your point?

MY POINT IS THAT(sry about caps) you need stuff to bring your country together.

dsister44 said:
Viper1 said:
dsister44 said:

Is patriotism not enough?   I don't see Christiantiy bringing Republicans and Democrats together all to well anyway.

Around the Network
highwaystar101 said:
dsister44 said:

Yeah, it worked for my country in 1534. All the Christians loved each other during that time...

are you being sarcastic?

dsister44 said:
highwaystar101 said:
dsister44 said:

are you being sarcastic?

Yes. Major problems happened because our country had only one main religion and it didn't suit one person. It started major problems that still go on today.

Viper1 said:
dsister44 said:
Viper1 said:
dsister44 said:

Is patriotism not enough?   I don't see Christiantiy bringing Republicans and Democrats together all to well anyway.

well, no patriatism is not enough.  there are alot of people in this country that dont really care about this country. where as the bible say s that thge government was established by god, and should be respected.

dsister44 said:
Viper1 said:
dsister44 said:
Viper1 said:
dsister44 said:

well, no patriatism is not enough.  there are alot of people in this country that dont really care about this country. where as the bible say s that thge government was established by god, and should be respected.

I'm sorry but my government must earn my respect.  Not be mandated by a thereotical deity.

Besides, partriotism and respect of government are different concepts.  I love my country, I loathe my government.

Religion does not bring an entire country together especially one as big and diverse as United States. Patriotism, propaganda, and world events (which spur patriotism, ex: Pearl Harbor) are the best ways to bring a nation together.