By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft's Pre-TGS Press Briefing happening right now

NOOO LO
you sob why does japan always get this crap

i would be ok if it was released late dec, but 3 months later?
WTF

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network
Lost tears of Kain said:
NOOO LO
you sob why does japan always get this crap

i would be ok if it was released late dec, but 3 months later?
WTF

I know huh? It finally appeared as if i would be purchasing my first ever JRPG this year.  But alas, no, lets see what happens in February

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

"- New Xbox Live titles: Rez, Ikaruga, Every Extend Extra Extreme, EXIT, Omega Five, and Trigger Heart Exelica"

woo hoo!!

"According to 1up, Ninja Gaiden 2 has actually shifted publishers to Microsoft, making it part of their first-party and therefore 100% guaranteed exclusive!"

woo hoo!!

“Castlecrashers” (The Behemoth). Arriving in early 2008 on Xbox LIVE Arcade"

woo hoo!!

"- Viva Pinata Party Animals is coming in 2007"

WOO HOO!! (just kidding)

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

"- New Xbox Live titles: Rez, Ikaruga, Every Extend Extra Extreme, EXIT, Omega Five, and Trigger Heart Exelica"

I LOVE YOU, MICROSOFT!!!

Hmm... Infinite Undiscovery looks interesting, I'll add it to my 360 watch list. *now 3 games long*

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network

@shams

Yes and the ps3 is not going to sell even 1 unit and just stay there as the 360 catches up... What I see is that there are a couple of game for the 360 on that list that may boost sales, but for some wierd japanese reason they dont like the 360, I dont understand it. The thing is cheaper than the ps3, has more games for japanese gamers to enjoy, and etc.. Just like with brain training how da hell is that game a million seller in japan?

mM

Wow. XBLA is getting a Dreamcast game (that did moderately well on a 8+ year old system)? Nice.

I'm very suprised, and glad that Infinite Undiscovery is going to be published by SE. Having a game known as a "Square-Enix Exclusive" might help them.

Appearently, the Japanese developer base is still alive and kicking.

Sucks that LO is going to be next year for the US, but that atleast spreads out the time I need to complete my huge backlog on RPGs.

I'm just wondering when Gundam Mousou International will come to X360? That could be a pretty big (50k+) game for the X360.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

leo-j said:
@shams

Yes and the ps3 is not going to sell even 1 unit and just stay there as the 360 catches up... What I see is that there are a couple of game for the 360 on that list that may boost sales, but for some wierd japanese reason they dont like the 360, I dont understand it. The thing is cheaper than the ps3, has more games for japanese gamers to enjoy, and etc.. Just like with brain training how da hell is that game a million seller in japan?

I enjoy your post Leo-J. Particularly the highlighted part. It's essentially your argument for why the PS3 will catch the 360 in the US and Europe. Funny stuff. Why don't the Japanese by the 360? MS botched the X-box 1 in Japan with a severe lack of Japanese centric titles. The 360 launched in Japan with a lack of Japanese titles initially, which continued the trend. Its why the 360 started off slower than the original X-box in Japan but has since past it's selling rate. The 360 is essentially dealing with the problem the Gamecube had in the US. It got labelled early on in its life and has to fight to shake that reputation. In the Gamecube's case it was the "kiddie" image and in the 360s case its the "FPS Console" label.

Legend11 said:
Dolla Dolla said:
All this dirty talk. Any talk of Castle Crashers?

You know I had to ask, damnit.

http://www.kauppalehti.fi:80/4/i/eng/releases/press_release.jsp?selected=other&oid=20070901/11895760389720⟨=EN

* “Castlecrashers” (The Behemoth). Arriving in early 2008 on Xbox LIVE Arcade,
“Castlecrashers” is the second title currently in development by award-winning
independent developer the Behemoth. The four-player RPG adventure will let
players hack, slash and smash their way to victory. “Castlecrashers” delivers
unique high-resolution illustrated visuals, including memorably hand-drawn
characters that are cute and menacing at the same time. Gamers can play with up
to three friends locally or over Xbox LIVE2 and discover mind-boggling magic and
mystery in the amazing world of “Castlecrashers.”

Soon, my precious. Soon, yesssss.

Looks good. Hopefully, at the show there will be more announcements.

Ace of Combat could be the big surprise... Apparently, it is a really decent series in Japan and the fact that this one looks visually great is turning heads.

Good to hear Japan is getting LO for Xmas... Bad to hear it will not release at the same time in other territories... I was looking forward to this... But, there is a lot already scheduled for this year, so it just eases the pocketbook and allows more time to play other games.

NG2 is sounding great. Hopefully, it will be decent for the Japanese market.

I just want the 360 to start doing better in Japan. I know it is hard for that to happen culturally, but it would be good for consumers if Microsoft does better then they are in Japan.