By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - For those of you buying FFXIII on the 360...

ps3 version for me

Around the Network

Im a ps3 fan and find this thread to be stupid

When I get a PS3 and if I liked FF I would still get it for the 360 for achievements!!

Also what about people with the 360 as their primary console? for those that prefer the 360 controls, whatever online capabilities FF may have (no idea on that front) if one has more friends on 360 than PS3 then that could swing it.

What a great start to that account...'if you own a 360 dont bother buying FF13'

He should have put the obvious part in brackets at the end ('to make ps3 ff13 sales higher than the 360 ff13 sales!')

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

WTH.....wat about those 360 owner only?? why would they buy the ps3 version of the game when it won't run on their system?

Around the Network

1. Faster loading times
2. Better controller
3. Achievements >>trophies
4. The 360 is the place for JRPGS this gen

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Gnizmo said:
neerdowell said:

Why? Besides those of you who only have a 360, this makes no sense to me. I see no clear advantage in doing so; I could see this on some games where the ps3 version was technically inferior as is the case sometimes, but in all likelyhood, since XIII has been in development for 5+ years on the ps3 and will supposedly be ported in only a year to the 360 I don't think this will be the case. Now, I'm not saying that the 360 version will be inferior; that remains to be seen. What I am saying is that in the best case scenario, there is no advantage to owning the 360 version over the ps3. In fact, even though the advantages would be small, the advantage still lies with the ps3:

1 blu-ray disc
ps3 has better audio
versus still exclusive (though likely not unfortunately)
ps3 lead development (that is going to be an awfully big game to port in such a small amount of time and get everything sound, especially if you're dividing your staff among the localization as well)

1 disc is irrelevant, Versus being exclusive to the PS3 has absolutely no bearing on FFXIII at all, and PS3 being the lead development is irrelevant unless there is confirmed issues. The Crystal Tools engine has been up and running for the 360 for quite some time now. The sound is the only real difference you bring up, and most people won't have a set-up to utilize it. Honestly why not pick up the 360 version?

Because to PS3 verison is still better.  LOL

That optional 360 HDD install is gonna make the 360 version fly like a fighter jet....So I think that, even if I wanted the best FFXIII possible, I'd go with the 360 version.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

pastro243 said:
Im a ps3 fan and find this thread to be stupid

I agree =/ IDK if the OP is saying if you should buy the PS3 version if you own both consoles, or if you should just go buy a PS3 and kill yourself in regret for buying a 360.

If I only had a 360, and there were no other games on the PS3 that really interested me (as it is with me, for the 360) I won't buy a PS3 for XIII.

In fact, I'm really pessimistic about XIII and SE in general (remember the thread about S/E's decline?) This is NOT the same company as it was before X. It's like a band that replaced all of its band mates, and is now only trying to make as much of a profit as possible, and are mechanically thinking with marketing strategists on how to do so (we need to penetrate the Western market, lets just use UE3).

The graphics aren't as impressive as it was a few years ago. And they don't give us any information on the gameplay, and recycle the same movies over and over. All the while they leach off the popularity of VII and try to sell as much VII merchandise. For those who are doubting a VII remake, look at their track record. They have no integrity left to stop them from milking the game one last time.

How about we wait till the games comes out people!