By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How do you think Heavenly Sword will do?

There's no denying that this is a make or break title for Sony because of the weak (compared to X360 and Wii) holiday PS3 lineup. I think it should do alright and preform on par with Motostorm at least and get about 125k in the first week and end at about 600-750k for North America in the end.

If it doesn't do well.. this would be quite disastrous. Warhawk could possibly have legs but I don't see how Lair could, with its terrible reviews. 

Unless Heavenly Sword is an awesome title with stellar sales, the PS3 will be almost forgotten this holiday season, starting from the Halo release. 

What do you think?

Around the Network

I think it will sell decently since it isn't a bad game, it's just incredibly short (which is good since more would be bad for that game). I don't think it's going to sell many consoles but at least it will keep PS3 fans happy.

As for the holiday season, it's going to be rough for the PS3 and I'll just leave it at that.

It will perform moderately satisfactory. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it will sell somewhat above average!

An insanely hyped game with gorgeous visuals and some pretty solid (if not groundbreaking) reviews to back it up.

I think it'll do pretty gosh darn good. 200K first week sales.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Should sell just fine since it doesn't have much competition and the reviews are decent. The gamespot review said something about beating it in one afternoon which is pretty danm short if you ask me but again what else is there to buy as a ps3 owner.

Around the Network

I have predicted reasonably poor sales since it is a similar game to God of War, that is not as good and is being sold on a far less popular system ...

I would be surprised if it broke 750,000 worldwide to be honest.

Heavenly Sword will sell well the reviews so far have been quite well very good actually.I think Haze,COD4 and UT3 will keep the PS3 up this Christmas, i know COD4 is multiplat from the begining but it is against Halo3 and the hype with that game is Overhype.There is enough PS3 exclusives to go against a proven IP like Halo,Uncharted,Heavenly Sword,LAIR(did....alright),Haze(now a PS3 exclusive),Warhawk(might have legs) and then Ratchet&Clank aswell so the PS3 is doing quite good this holiday in term of games.
Heavenly Sword will sell above 1million WW.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

250k first week, not very good legs tho.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Sales predictions:
NA:250k first week.170k 2nd week.120k 3rd week.60k 4th week.600k first month.
EU:??
JPN:??
Overall:1million+

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

200K-230K first week. ~850K WW lifetime total. Not bad but not great, just as expected.

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d