By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why the PS3 still hasn't been hacked.

NinjaKido said:
@Slowmo I'm not saying that I believe vaio , but I do believe that there are exploits for consoles which aren't in the public domain for various reasons. They might not have taken advantage of the exploit fully , also exploiting the system enables hackers to understand the security behind the system so even if that particular exploit is blocked the hackers still have a backdoor (which is exactly why Sony have strugled so much with the PSP)

But I dought what Vaio has said for the very reason that hacker groups generaly want to show proof of concept , a video or something that at leasts prooves that they are doing something groundbreaking , worthwhile.

Not all hackers are media whores most prefer to work in the dark, at least most of them I´ve worked with (back in the day I was into this stuff personally) and the people I know today work in the same way. They do it to see if they can not if they can get famous. Not every hacker is like dark alex or wanincko.

To show proof of concept wouldn´t you have to have the hack to work as flawlessly as possible? and as I state before I´ve tried it it works and even online works but the longest i´ve played is 20-30 min ( my friend has actually managed to play for almost a whole hour without crash) then it crashes and that´s not something anyone would want to show to the world.

A fact you might find interesting is for y friend to get this far he managed to brick 4 PS3 and I imagine that is another hurdle for the hackers to try and overcome since the PS3 is so expensive and it is a very costly hobby for thoose working on this as many more then him have bricked their PS3 on their way to solve the problems their are facing.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network
vaio said:

Not all hackers are media whores most prefer to work in the dark, at least most of them I´ve worked with (back in the day I was into this stuff personally) and the people I know today work in the same way. They do it to see if they can not if they can get famous. Not every hacker is like dark alex or wanincko.

To show proof of concept wouldn´t you have to have the hack to work as flawlessly as possible? and as I state before I´ve tried it it works and even online works but the longest i´ve played is 20-30 min ( my friend has actually managed to play for almost a whole hour without crash) then it crashes and that´s not something anyone would want to show to the world.

A fact you might find interesting is for y friend to get this far he managed to brick 4 PS3 and I imagine that is another hurdle for the hackers to try and overcome since the PS3 is so expensive and it is a very costly hobby for thoose working on this as many more then him have bricked their PS3 on their way to solve the problems their are facing.

This is BS.

It was BS last year when we told you that you were saying useless nonsense, and it still is.

The hackers who are not media whores would be the first to put their finding out there on some dedicated ML or IRC channel. Since when do they wait for it to work "perfectly" to tell the world they cracked sth ?

You weren't credible last year, you still aren't now.

Besides, what's the point of saying "it's cracked but nobody knows about it" ? This is stupid BS already.

Get it right: either it's cracked and lots of people know about it, or it's not. "It's cracked by someone nobody knows about, in his basement, I've seen it" doesn't count.

I'll agree to disagree Vaio, it's not hacked until the scene says so and that's the bottom line for me. I'll certainly remember your post when it happens, but I still think the most likely hack will be based around the disk media first as its the weakest part of the system to infilitrate. The 360 hacks wouldn't be possible without the backdoor in through the DVD drive.

vaio said:
NinjaKido said:
@Slowmo I'm not saying that I believe vaio , but I do believe that there are exploits for consoles which aren't in the public domain for various reasons. They might not have taken advantage of the exploit fully , also exploiting the system enables hackers to understand the security behind the system so even if that particular exploit is blocked the hackers still have a backdoor (which is exactly why Sony have strugled so much with the PSP)

But I dought what Vaio has said for the very reason that hacker groups generaly want to show proof of concept , a video or something that at leasts prooves that they are doing something groundbreaking , worthwhile.

Thatta boY! Girls find lying sexy.

The Halo francise is the most overrated bland game to ever hit the console market. It provides a bad name to all FPS that even showed effort at creating an original entertaining plot.

I probably have more ps3 games than you :/ 

hacked systems sell amazing

my xbox was hacked (still bought 20 games in boxes)

my ds has a card an ex got me (still bought 25 boxed games)

360 i wont hack for fear of online bricking

btu hacked systems let me try all the games, and i end up buying more

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Around the Network
CaseyDDR said:

Thatta boY! Girls find lying sexy.

That explains your sig.

ookaze said:
vaio said:

This is BS.

No it´s not bullshit because you don´t have a clue about it.

It was BS last year when we told you that you were saying useless nonsense, and it still is.

No it´s not bullshit because you don´t have a clue about it.

The hackers who are not media whores would be the first to put their finding out there on some dedicated ML or IRC channel. Since when do they wait for it to work "perfectly" to tell the world they cracked sth ?

Not all hackers are media whores like the official scenen today and alot of them doesn´t even have contact with the official scene but thats to hard for you to grasp obviously.

You weren't credible last year, you still aren't now.

My credibility is intact where it mutters with people around me that knows me and have seen this in action.

Besides, what's the point of saying "it's cracked but nobody knows about it" ? This is stupid BS already.

Whats the point of lying about this? am I suddenly the coolest guy because i´ve experienced it? hardly

Do I get some cred of this? nope not the least I haven´t dine a sigle line of command work in this just tested it for fun and to see my friend actually pull it of.

I do not win something for writting this I only though if you were going to have a discussion about this topic you would benefit from having it based on reality on not wishful thinking. I have no gain or loss about this and you ridicule your self by calling me a liar in everyones minds that have knowledge about this.

Get it right: either it's cracked and lots of people know about it, or it's not. "It's cracked by someone nobody knows about, in his basement, I've seen it" doesn't count.

It´s cracked and get used to it, is it cracked so we can get the full benefit of this? NO, there are still lots of problems and a long way to go since Sony did a remarkable job at trying to make it as unhackable as possible and untill the hackers around the world get access to the core that is unaccesible at the moment (unaccessible for full access to hackers) we won´t see any news about this untill it´s stable enough.

Thats cool man if you want to believe and discuss something that isn´t true be my guest and keep flaming me for enlightning you.

Not all hackers are media whores, you have never heard of me when I was active and you certenly never heard of my friend either since we both (when I was active) did this for kicks and not reckognition.

I am more credible then you since I atleast speak the truth and don´t hide behind I haven´t seen it or heard it so therefor it doesn´t exist. 

They (my friend and his litttle team aren´t waiting for it to be perfect but for it to work properly without bricking systems and so you can manage to play for more then 20-40 min.

Not my fault that you have no clue what you are talking about and I do, not my fault you don´t know people that work with this stuff but I do.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

slowmo said:
I'll agree to disagree Vaio, it's not hacked until the scene says so and that's the bottom line for me. I'll certainly remember your post when it happens, but I still think the most likely hack will be based around the disk media first as its the weakest part of the system to infilitrate. The 360 hacks wouldn't be possible without the backdoor in through the DVD drive.

The word among my friends team and the teams they have contact with (don´t know if team is the right word, maybe group is better sound less serious) is that they are closer to running games from harddrive then actually get access to the BD drive and that it in the end would benefit the people using it (pirates in this case) by not having to burn the games and buy both a BD burner and Bluray disks.

I I magine it will work like it does with the Wii now were you put the game isos on a usb harddrive and then connect it to the Wii and play games straight of the harddrive which also works online.

For you others calling me a liar I guess you will be calling me a liar about the wii being able to play games from harddrive too without the need of disks. So go ahead and flame me for enlightening you.

@slowmo if you want to discuss this further or if you wonder about something PM me instead so we can dicuss this civil instead of the childish maners in this thread.