By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The 500 dollar gaming pc

It's getting a lot of hype for its graphics, I've yet to be convinced by its gameplay.

I'm going to make sure my computer can run it decently, but I'm not keeping my hopes high for it...it seems too fast and twitch-based for my liking.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

This PC should last well into 2010. A new GFX Card and another 1 Gig memory will push it past 2012.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

^^ HaHa, not a chance, Crysis will not run on this 500$ PC, how can you expect it to play normal games in one or two years ???? A new GFX card won´t do it much good if it runns into a bottleneck with the CPU.

Sure you don´t need to spent a fortune if you wan´t a normal PC, problem is a normal PC can´t play the all the new games for very long... or they start looking bad. I´m not spending 300$-600$ on upgarding my PC every year for a while, when a PC that can run Crysis very well costs about 500$ I´ll think about it.

The good thing is that RTS games like Starcraft 2 will still run on my PC for a while, everything else I´ll play on the Wii or 360 (which cost me only 300 euros, for a one month old premium with three games and two wirless controllers... should be here any day now :)