By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mario Strikers - Post mortem... (good read)

http://www.armchairempire.com/Interviews/mario-strikers-charged-post-mortem-interview.htm

I'll just quote a couple of paragraphs from the article - visit the link for the entire thing:

"Did you feel any pressure from Nintendo to make complete used of the motion control?

KY: Quite the opposite.  They specifically said don’t try to cram everything in the motion controls.  Use it when you need to and don’t overdo it – they were actually very cautious with us.

"

"How many people did you have working on Charged at the height of its development?

KY: 35?  Uh, including contract and testers it was closer to 45 at it’s peak.

That doesn’t seem like very many people.

KY: No, it’s not. We definitely wanted to keep the team small.  I think Nintendo’s intent, their idea for development of games is to keep the development teams small.  Strikers was about 45 people, too.  I don’t think we brought in much more over the first version into the second one."

"I'm told I shouldn't ask some of these questions.  I want to ask about a Mario hockey game…

[muffled chuckling]"

Good read :)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

too bad waluigi's weed wall + mega strike has no counter.

And diddy's special can get out of hand too.

It's sad that people only use like 2-3 captains. I really really liked the game for the first 2 days before everyone figured out how to abuse the game.

On topic, it's interesting to see Nintendo telling them to lay-off the motion controls while Sony tells developers to force the motion controls. That's how you end up with something like Lair.

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout

I like the fact that Nintendo isn't forcing motion contols on all their games. They know that some games will work with it and others won't. Don't put motion controls just for the sake of having it.

Can you imagine brawl with a full-fledged motion control scheme?

Other devs should take notice.

Avalach, I have t odisagree. A friend and I play a lot and we're able to beat most people using the bs strategies. Of course, we mostly play 2 on 2 but the game seems very well balanced. If you get good enough, most mega strykes aren't that useful and waluigi's special is nice because he's stuck with it for some time (it's not an instant use thing).

a Mario hockey game…

[muffled chuckling]

Sound like it's possitle. 

Around the Network

Yea there is a lot of cheap strategies on there. People that are cheap usually use DK, Luigi, or Waluigi. Just how it seems to go down.

I personally think I'm the only one online that plays with Yoshi haha. I never have to compete to pick him. Everybody else is using the cheap players.

And cheap tactics are doing nothing but jukes or the dodge/roll into goal type things like with the skully guy.

But I've found the cheapest combo to be 3 skull koopas and DK. It's just so fucking cheap.

Man...DK can be cheap hehe.

Speaking of Charged, I'm buying it this week...so look out North Americans, I'm gonna own you!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

mega strikes are pointless they too easy to save so i don't see how they exploited it.

hmm, 45 people max, development time of 18 months...

say $100k per, that's 4.5mln * 1.5 = 6.75mln. 225k to break even, assuming nintendo earns $30 per sale. probably closer to $40, since they don't need to pay royalties to themselves, but anyhow.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Waluigi isn't that powerful.....is he?

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY