By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What made you buy the console you bought?

jagenjg said:
I got a Wii on launch day. Basically, because it was a the newest Nintendo console, and I grew up as a huge Nintendo fan.

Xbox 360 February 08 cause I felt it had the best games.

PS3 cheap Bluray July 08. I guess MGS4, but I never play it. I got MSG4 to have at least one game for the "game" console that never plays games.

You're still arguing that the ps3 doesn't have games?

Initiating social expirement #928719281

Around the Network

ps3 b/c i had alot of fun with my ps1 and 2 Playstation seems to have games that im into

im not into the Wiis game library at all so thats why i didnt buy a wii

360 has a library that im into but most of its games are on the ps3 as well and im just not a fan of MS

Play Me

I bought a Wii at launch because it promised to be a really innovative system with lots of cool games to come that would revive my interest in video games. The fact that Mario, Zelda and other Nintendo first party titles would be coming helped too.

DS reasoning is similar to that.

When I have enough money (or better: if I will have), I might buy a 360 and/or PS3. Little Big Planet, Braid, Viva Pinata, Flock, even Banjo Kazooie look interesting.

It was jan-feb '08, and I had decided to sell my gaming rig, I was tired of being in the hardware race, and I just wanted a piece of hardware that would just be it. No need to worry about anything.
I wanted a powerful console, so I was down to either the PS3 or the 360. Both had games I wanted, but I didn't want to pay for online. I also believed that blu-ray would become the dominant format over HDDVD, and lastly, I was stuck with a pretty big library of **legal HD movies that I still wanted to be able to watch.

I had hoped I would be able to play said movies with a linux distro installed on the PS3, but sadly that has not been the case (yet), but I am still very satisfied with my PS3.

Rainbird said:
It was jan-feb '08, and I had decided to sell my gaming rig, I was tired of being in the hardware race, and I just wanted a piece of hardware that would just be it. No need to worry about anything.
I wanted a powerful console, so I was down to either the PS3 or the 360. Both had games I wanted, but I didn't want to pay for online. I also believed that blu-ray would become the dominant format over HDDVD, and lastly, I was stuck with a pretty big library of **legal HD movies that I still wanted to be able to watch.

I had hoped I would be able to play said movies with a linux distro installed on the PS3, but sadly that has not been the case (yet), but I am still very satisfied with my PS3.

i don't think the PS3 drive can read HD-DVDs so it's unlikely you'll ever be able to play those. Unless you're talking about .mkv's which you can play.

Initiating social expirement #928719281

Around the Network

I bought a Xbox 360 cause the original xbox was my first console that i owned and halo series is godly online, Iv'e spent thousands of hour playing halo games!! xbox live is top-notch. easily the best games with top notch graphics (i'm a graphics whore).

Just all around the best Gaming system this Gen or ever imo.

I bought a Wii because of Zelda, Metroid and i assumed that Resident Evil would continue on that console because of RE 0-4

I bought the Wii because it's future holds some stellar games and the other consoles didn't have many apealling games. But I'm sure I'll get one of the other systems (or both) sooner or later because they do have now some decent games I'd want to play.

360: (Jan o7) Couldn't find a Wii or PS3 and had way too much money on my hands. Wii: (June o7) the Nintendo name/promise of a new experience
PS3: (June o8) Metal Gear Solid 4!

i bought my 360 for 3 reasons :

1. i had money and it came out ;)
2. oblivion as i was addicted to morrowind
3. i liked xbox

my wii i bought simply because i played wii sports, and also had money

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889