By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What made you buy the console you bought?

786_ali said:
jagenjg said:
I got a Wii on launch day. Basically, because it was a the newest Nintendo console, and I grew up as a huge Nintendo fan.

Xbox 360 February 08 cause I felt it had the best games.

PS3 cheap Bluray July 08. I guess MGS4, but I never play it. I got MSG4 to have at least one game for the "game" console that never plays games.

You're still arguing that the ps3 doesn't have games?

I guess so at least none that my friends play.

Besides we like to talk over XBL while we play games.  So PSN is just not cutting the mustard.

Regards,

PS... I still hate the PS controller (feather light Sixaxis Controller just feels aweful to me).  I was not planning on trying to flame the PS3 in my post, but you asked for it I guess.  I did almost give my PS3 away to my brother-in-law at one point though.  That is how impressed I have been with it.  BTW, you really can't argue with someones opinion of how "good" games are or aren't.

Consoles: Atari 5200, NES, SNES, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

Around the Network

Wii because of games
360 because of games
PS3 because of games
PSP because of games
DS because of games
PC because only hobos don't have one

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onyxmeth said:

Wii because of games
360 because of games
PS3 because of games
PSP because of games
DS because of games

Best Post?

Initiating social expirement #928719281

Wii because of games that i like, and the new control scheme that really re invented gaming for me.

DS i needed some more RPG and Strategy Games while at University.

360: I loved the controller and it had the best games for me.
NDS: Wanted a handheld and got suckered by those people who keep saying that ds has the best library. :(
PSP: I really wanted a handheld and psp is a lot better for me than NDS.

I will most likely buy a PS3 next week, because it has some nice games too and I need second bluray-player. :P

Around the Network

DS for the touchscreen, microphone, Super Mario 64 DS, and Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt.  I bought it on day one.

Wii for the accelerometers, IR pointing, the speaker in the remote, the Virtual Console, tennis, baseball, bowling, golf, boxing, Twilight Princess, Excite Truck, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Red Steel, the multiplayer Duck Hunt minigame in Wii Play, and WiiWare (I didn't know the name yet, but I knew it was coming eventually).  I bought it on day one, and it was even the first thing I've ever pre-ordered.

PC for internet browsing, StarCraft, e-mail, word processing, printing, playing music, instant messenging, photo editing, and the ability to play the new smash hit game Half-Life 2 (yes it's that old).

Wii & DS because of Nintendo. To play the best games, you have to buy the system that their publisher favors...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Functionality, games, quality.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

oops.... damn touch pads...

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

786_ali said:
Onyxmeth said:

Wii because of games
360 because of games
PS3 because of games
PSP because of games
DS because of games

Best Post?

I vote yes for the win, but come to think of it most hobos don't have PSPs either.

Consoles: Atari 5200, NES, SNES, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3