By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Facebook and PS3 near in-game tie-in

Facebook and PS3 set for in-game tie in

Ever dreamed of your Facebook profile automatically being updated when you gain a trophy on a PS3 game? Well dream no longer as Sony has indicated that they are working on a PS3-Facebook integration system for games. Apparently it is ALREADY in the works. 

a panelist asked John Davidson from Sony whether there would ever be a time when someone could do something on a PS3 game and then could 'spit it out to Facebook'.

Davidson replied that such an idea is already in the works and is "critical not just for marketing but for the types of games we're trying to develop. That day is coming quicker than some may think."

News Source: TR

Didn't see this posted yet. 

Discuss.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

OP fixed.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

If PS3 gets advertised on Facebook it should give a slight boost to sales. Facebook is massive in the UK, dont know about anywhere else.

cool but seems pointless?

free advertising is not pointless.

Around the Network

nice, now I can show off my lame collection of trophies to my friends. At least it'll be an incentive to get the trophies

Initiating social expirement #928719281

oliminator1994 said:
cool but seems pointless?

well xbox live people were saying PSN needed something like xboxllive gamertag site which shows which game you are playing now,,friendlist and trophy, the playstation.com site does that now also add a forum feature.

but your real friends are not all there, but in facebook

pointless? how about being a huge marketing tool? everybody i know has and loves facebook. myspace is quickly losing its popularity and is being replaced by facebook. also, most people i know DONT have a ps3. this is a way to advertise to people who dont know much about the ps3, and also just another feature for ps3/facebook users to use.

They should work on trophies for games, not having a trophy counter on facebook

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

interesting, but a bad idea for me... everyone will see:

A. how much of a gamer I am
B. just how bad a gamer I am...!

More ammunition for Facebook to take over my life!

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3