By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Theory: Wii Plus

I dont think this is ever going to happen, and even if it does i dont think is going to sell pretty well, about the Gamecube controller, remember Nintendo recently announced the Classic Controller Pro which is a LOT like the Gamecube controller

Nintendo is the best videogames company ever!

Around the Network

WII already has a DVD player. Nintendo did not want to go to the lengths to include and pay royalties for DVD playback, so software for it was left out. With homebrew, you can play DVDs in a WII.

Here is the thing about Nintendo: They are capable of doing anythng you think they could but you should never expect them to.

Instead expect them to do what you believe they are incapable of...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

One_touch_KO said:

- DVD movies playback hability

Does it have anything to do with Nintendo's core business, games? No. Nintendo is not a technology company. They are a game company. Improving technology is not going to sell more units.

- 2 Gb internal flash memory

Nintendo is not a technology company. They are a game company. Improving technology is not going to sell more units.

- No Gamecube ports. Backwards compatibility still possible thanks to Classic Controller

Possibly.

- HDMI 720p output - not for games, but for AVI HD playback capability and better display of Opera 2.0 browser for Wii which got announced and then delayed, aswell other multimedia porpuses like video on demand which will arrive Japan this year.

Does it have anything to do with Nintendo's core business, games? No. Nintendo is not a technology company. They are a game company. Improving technology is not going to sell more units.

- Thinner model, with no fan due to 65 nm rumoured processor - slightly powerfull to handle HD features flawlessly

- Wireless sensor bar.

Possibly.

- Front LED always on and sound flashing response

How does this help, apart from increasing idle power consumption and annoying everyone in the room?

- Included Wiimote Plus (already motion plus enabled) with wireless Nunchuk

Why do they need a new model for this?

- Wii Sports Resort bundled

Likely, but I would expect it to be 300$, with no price cut on Wii minus.

Why? Because it would still sell.

Around the Network

that would be so cool! I hope nintendo upgrades soon.. I have another suggestion: what if there an lcd on the wii that would tell you things like battery charge of all wiimotes and weather and stuff and it on christmas it would have messages and stuff.

also it would be cool if they made it play hd-dvds too becuase then sony would be destroyed sorry to say but look at the install base of the wii! they would have 50 million hd-dvd players overnight compare to 20 million blu-ray players!

prediction: wii to sell 150million console by end of 2010

Soleron said:
One_touch_KO said:

- DVD movies playback hability

RESPONSE: DSi and it's music playback and photo features says hi.

- 2 Gb internal flash memory

Nintendo is not a technology company. They are a game company. Improving technology is not going to sell more units.

RESPONDE: DSi SD card slot says hi.

- No Gamecube ports. Backwards compatibility still possible thanks to Classic Controller

Possibly.

You're more smart than I thought.

- HDMI 720p output - not for games, but for AVI HD playback capability and better display of Opera 2.0 browser for Wii which got announced and then delayed, aswell other multimedia porpuses like video on demand which will arrive Japan this year.

- Thinner model, with no fan due to 65 nm rumoured processor - slightly powerfull to handle HD features flawlessly

RESPONSE: DSi and it's music playback and photo features along with a new slightly more powerfull processor says hi.

- Wireless sensor bar.

Possibly.

RESPONSE: You're getting even more smart.

- Front LED always on and sound flashing response

How does this help, apart from increasing idle power consumption and annoying everyone in the room?

RESPONSE: DSi music pitch and speed control says hi.

- Included Wiimote Plus (already motion plus enabled) with wireless Nunchuk

- Wii Sports Resort bundled

... unlikely

That CC only with GC games would be a problem for me

I really don't need a 500th DVD player

But then again, it has Chuck Norris....

Tough.

jellyfishprince said:
that would be so cool! I hope nintendo upgrades soon.. I have another suggestion: what if there an lcd on the wii that would tell you things like battery charge of all wiimotes and weather and stuff and it on christmas it would have messages and stuff.

also it would be cool if they made it play hd-dvds too becuase then sony would be destroyed sorry to say but look at the install base of the wii! they would have 50 million hd-dvd players overnight compare to 20 million blu-ray players!

Do you understand how anything works? Previous threads arguing with you I thought you were a troll. Now, I just can't believe you would say something so stupid.

HD-DVD and blu-ray use the same blue-diode laser, and basically the same wavelength. DVD players used a red laser at 605 nm compared to blu-ray and HD-DVD which use a 2 lens blue diode 405 nm laser.

I don't think you understand you can not make DVD players read HD-DVD or blu-ray with codecs. The wii can read DVDs, because it's a DVD reader, it just doesn't have the codecs to read video DVDs. Which can be added but nintendo doesn't want to pay royalties. Not only that, but HD-DVD is a obsolete format which is now out of print with no one backing it, the main makers droped it. Also there is an estimated 70-80 million blu-ray players sold to consumers in the world. 

Do you think when you post? Serious question.

OH and to add, the WII doesn't have the power to stream HD content from a disc regardless. The new wii would have to be a much better model with more power, making unequal SKUs, also having to pay royalties, bring out a dead format and try to get support for it and get companies to start printing on it again, drive cost up for nintendo they stop making as much profit. Great idea.