By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - who really owns the exclusives for the rest of the year?

"everyone here is the same as me in that regard."

Woah, ego.

edit: Ahh, wait I think I read that wrong.

You mean that everyone is bought the consoles in order of thier games preference. Sorry for jumping if thats the case. 

Around the Network

I think the Wii. It has really everything for everyone. Here's a list of some of the titles I could remember:

Metroid Prime 3
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl [ONLINE*]
No More Heores
Dewy's Adventure
Zack & Wiki
Mario Strikers Charged [ONLINE]
FIFA 08 [exclusive Wii content/ONLINE]
Madden 08 [exculsive Wii content/ONLINE]
MySims
Trauma Centre: New Blood
Brothers In Arms**
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Soul Calibur Legends
Medal Of Honour [32 player ONLINE!!]
NitroBike [ONLINE]
Boogie
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Mario & Sonic @ The Olympics [ONLINE]
Battilion Wars 2 [ONLINE ]
Geometry Wars: Galaxies
NiGTS: Journey of Dreams
Rockstar's Table Tennis**

* - Online still partially confirmed;
** - released on Xbox/Xbox 360 ported to Wii with new content.

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers
Morgyn said:

edit: Ahh, wait I think I read that wrong.

You mean that everyone is bought the consoles in order of thier games preference. Sorry for jumping if thats the case.

What I was trying to say is that people are generally the most interested in games coming for their console, the ones they're going to get to play in the near future.

It truly boggles my mind how anyone who knows anything about games could ever consider the list of PS3 exclusives this holiday period to be even one third as good as that of the Wii, but still we have members whose view are completely the opposite, they can't figure out who anyone would ever want to play Nintendo games. It's a matter of perspective really.

I will just release PlayStation3 exclusives for this year that are unreleased(all dates PAL unless no PAL release date yet).

PlayStation3:
HeavenlySword-14/9/07(UK)
Warhawk(retail)-14/9/07(UK)
GranTurismo5Prologue-6/12/07(AUS)
Folklore-10/10/07(UK)
TheEyeOfJudgement-24/10/07(UK)
PAIN(PSN)-Fall07(WW)
Megazone23-14/9/07(JPN)
LAIR-28/9/07(UK)
EveryBodysGolf5-Fall07(UK)
HighVelocityBowling(PSN)-Fall07(UK)
HighStakesOnTheVegasStrip:PokerEdition(PSN)-Summer/Fall07(WW)
Ratchet&ClankFuture:ToolsOfDestruction-7/11/07(UK)
SingStar-Oct-Dec07(UK)
Tekken6-Winter(UK)
TimeCrisis4-Fall07(UK)
Uncharted:DrakesFortune-28/11/07(UK)
WipeoutHD(PSN)-Fall-07(WW)

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

lol gaming target, the biggest BS list ever.

And excluding games because they are on pc is wrong, how many console gamers give a rats ass. I don't care if Bioshock or UT3 is on PC i sure as hell would never ever buy the PC version.

Around the Network
thanny said:
few wii exclusives, off the top of my head... well, most of the main ones anyway

bwii
ssbb
mario galaxy
RE: umbrella chronicles
zak & wiki
dewys adventure
no more heroes

You forgot Forever Blue. That game looks like a lot of fun.

And excluding games because they are on pc is wrong, how many console gamers give a rats ass. I don't care if Bioshock or UT3 is on PC i sure as hell would never ever buy the PC version.

Why not?  The PC versions are typically a lot better.  The graphics are almost always significantly better and the control method is always better (if it wasn't, you could just use a 360 controller). 

@Hus

People will still buy the PC version. Think about that.

Nintendo's 3 biggest games this gen vs. Sony's 5 AAA games. It is a hard choice but I'll have to go with Nintendo because they have simply the biggest games this generation.

All I see for Microsoft is Halo. (not being a fanboy, just I haven't heard of other games, probably they drowned in the Halo hype)

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Im going to have to defend HUS, unless its say civilization or sim city and their ilk, the console version is what matters here.

Gears will sell more on the Console. you bring up extra levels, well generally when you release something latter you add stuff to it to make the purchase forth while, id hope they would add those levels via a download but it dose not look like that will happen, their loss in sales. now i may think the last unreal to make its way to the console sucked, but that dose not diminish its impact on future sales unless it sucks again (to tell the truth i dislike unreal even on the pc).

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

cgnobody said:
@starcraft

i really do hope you did not come here to insult my perception on what an exclusive TRUELY is.

If you want to try and fight for the fact that the 360 version in considerably different than the PC version, i'll buy that. We all know that the Xbox version of PC based games are only really half of what PCs make them. (and that holds true for all of them with both old school xbox and 360) even GoW. which will be getting 2, thats right 2, extra chapters and enable users to mod the battlegrounds as well.

if you want to separate said games as different versions then be my guest.

but don't try and create a sob story for all the PC gamers in need please. gaming is expensive in all it's incarnations not just PC.

I might agree that saying a game is exclusive even if it also comes out on PC is bogus, but your rebuttal is pretty ignorant. 

Your much later port of GoW is coming with added content?  Alert the media!  I hope this isn't what you meant by the Xbox version only being half as good.  And if you meant the graphics, well, that's the GRAPHICS, not the GAME, and the only way that could be true is if the PC in question is in fact the super expensive latest and greatest just like starcraft said.  

Gaming is expensive for everyone, not just PCs?  Well gaming is never cheap, but consoles are nowhere near as expensive as PCs.  

Throughout the history of gaming, console gamers have been able to buy their gaming system at launch for $200 to $400, and play the latest and greatest games on THAT SAME SYSTEM five years later.  If they bought the system later in its life, they would often pay as little as $100 but $150 would not be uncommon.  (The PS3 is the only major system to fall outside these ranges AFAIK.)  

Conversely, a new PC that was anywhere close to top end used to cost $3000 (or so I'm told), and is now $1000-1500.  About three years later you would have to upgrade your graphics card, processor, and RAM to stay in top form.  You could still play for a few more years without upgrading, but now your five-year-old $1500 PC has graphics inferior to the current $300 consoles. 

So no, consoles don't cost anywhere CLOSE to computers in cost, although the difference has gone from 10x to 2x or 3x.  And the games are a lot closer than "half" as good.   

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Lets start a list with exclusive games with good graphics during this whole gen.....looks like wii fails, not a single game :D