By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - who really owns the exclusives for the rest of the year?

first of all let me clairify what I believe it takes to be a true exclusive title.

-any game that can only be found on that SINGLE gaming console-

that means games like bioshock are EXCLUDED because it's also available for the PC.  That imediadiatly eliminates that game from the 360 exclusive list. Even more so now, seeing that windows has been equipped with xbox live.

so now that i have have established the rules. if you gents and ladies would list the TRUE exclusives we can look forward to for each platform, i would like to hear it. as i have been a little out of the loop recently and have lost track of some the games i really want to get ahold on in the next few months.

feel free to brag all you want want about your prefered console. civil bragging only please and please don't be assholes either. 

as before i appreciate all games listed as will need help being reminded of the games i have to obtain before the year is done.

PSN ID: cgnobody

Xbox Gamertag: cgnobodyX

Wii friend code: 1445-3731-4393-2518

Around the Network

..... just kill 360 by saying pc, its exclusive to consoles, it wont be on the other ones so i dont see a problem with pc

Well i guess i get to remove halo 3, cause of that great rule...., ill only list 3 of the main ones ( there are more)

eternal sonota
Lost odyssey
Mass effect

wii
metroid prime 3
SMG
SSBB

ps3
ratchet and clank
uncharted
HS

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

why remove halo 3 as of it's initial realease it will exclusive. later ineviatale ports don't count at the momment. do they?

few wii exclusives, off the top of my head... well, most of the main ones anyway

bwii
ssbb
mario galaxy
RE: umbrella chronicles
zak & wiki
dewys adventure
no more heroes

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Well lets just examine bioshock for a moment. Retailers in most parts of the world, with exceptions such as Sweden, are saying that the 360 version is outselling the PC version about 4 to 1. The reason for this is that your average PC cannot play bioshock at any acceptable level. The reality is that most people simply cannot afford the constant upgrades it takes to be a PC gamer. So it is your definition that i take issue with. For at least the next couple of years these "console-exclusives" will, for all intensive purposes, remain effective exclusives, as there simply isnt a broad enough base of people with powerful enough pc's to run these games.

I know many people that save every dollar they can to buy a PS3 or 360, and most of them dont run out afterwards and splash out the $AU 3500-4000 necessary to purchase a computer that will run 360 "console exclusives" for the next 5 years. The word "exclusive" exists to create a perception that a console is the only/best place to play a game, as long as the mainstream hears that a game is exclusive to a certain console, that is what they will believe, and that is the console they will buy.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

@starcraft

i really do hope you did not come here to insult my perception on what an exclusive TRUELY is.

If you want to try and fight for the fact that the 360 version in considerably different than the PC version, i'll buy that. We all know that the Xbox version of PC based games are only really half of what PCs make them. (and that holds true for all of them with both old school xbox and 360) even GoW. which will be getting 2, thats right 2, extra chapters and enable users to mod the battlegrounds as well.

if you want to separate said games as different versions then be my guest.

but don't try and create a sob story for all the PC gamers in need please. gaming is expensive in all it's incarnations not just PC.

Here is an article that states what exclusives each console has(released and unreleased), they don't count next gen exclusives(for example Twilight Princess), they count games that are also on the PC but they mark them with a "*".

http://www.gamingtarget.com/article.php?artid=7252

When you say the games are exclusive if they are only on one console does that include handhelds as well? 

BULL SHIT,

this graph shows exclusive games that are allready released SINCE THE LAUNCH OF EACH CONSOLE and it shows the exclusive games comnig even in 2008/2009 !

If remember well about exclusive games NOT RELEASED YET,
Wii : 90
Xbox360 : 45 (you take this graphs and you put away the "old" games)
PS3 : 45
(it is about)

For exclusive games you need to add :

Xbox360 :
- PRG4

PS3 :
- GT54 pro
- Eye of Judgement

Time to Work !

libellule said:
BULL SHIT,

this graph shows exclusive games that are allready released SINCE THE LAUNCH OF EACH CONSOLE and it shows the exclusive games comnig even in 2008/2009 !

If remember well about exclusive games NOT RELEASED YET,
Wii : 90
Xbox360 : 45 (you take this graphs and you put away the "old" games)
PS3 : 45
(it is about)

For exclusive games you need to add :

Xbox360 :
- PRG4

PS3 :
- GT54 pro
- Eye of Judgement

I don't understand what the problem is.

A question for the thread starter: are we talking about a particular region(example America)? 

I find the Wii exclusives most interesting, followed by the Xbox 360, and finally the PS3. This is also the order in which I'm buying the consoles, which is probably not a coincidence, and everyone here is the same as me in that regard.