By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Zapper's pack-in will be... (brace yourself)

This just comes from "a source" at Ars Technica. This is still just a rumor, folks.

It would be a good thought, since they can just use the existing engine and the shooting range games in OoT and (other Zeldas) were pretty cool. Expanding those into something with a bunch of modes and levels would be pretty simple. And it might help extend the popularity of TP, just by keeping the name out there.

But I thought Duck Hunt was the obvious choice too.

I'm pretty sure the attachment will be packed-in with several different games, though, right? I thought it was going to come with RE:UC and maybe Ghost Squad too...

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network

People should just be happy to get something. They didn't have to add anything with it.

I am Daemon. I am the Word.

i guess this is now official:

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/news_press_release,174832.shtml

the Wii is an epidemic.

a downloadable duckhunt on wiiware would make nintendo so much more money than a retail version, bypassing distribution costs and retailer markup. it'll also be great advertising for wiiware itself.

the Wii is an epidemic.

There's flash Duck Hunt games online anyway hehe.

On the sites designed for Wii flash games, there's a very official looking Duck Hunt game...it's not bad...satisfies the Duck Hunt thirst as far as I'm concerned.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

^^ My Duck Hunt thirst will not be satisfied till I get to shot that dog.

"It's a third-person game, and you had some control over Link."

I'm guessing that's to get players used to moving with the nunchuck while using the zapper, as some other games will be doing that (MoH Heroes 2).

I wonder if you can ride Epona in this game. You could then do a "ride-by".

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Like everyone else I expected Duck Hunt, but I think this MUCH more betterer. Really, how much can you get out of a new DH? Zelda offers far more potential.

This is strategy on genius levels. Call it whoring out if you want, it just guaranteed the Zappers initial success.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Wii would like to play.