By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How to ruin a perfectly good FPS

TWRoO said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
You should adapt to your environment.

If that means get good at dodging grenades, so be it.

If you came at me with a grenade launcher in GoldenEye, you'd take some Klobbage to your dome, for insult points.

(I love grenade launchers.)

In the 2 (kind of 3 as I assume TS2 is similar to TS1) games from the OP that I have played.... I agree, it's often pretty easy to avoid most grenades.... in fact if you are god at dodging and you have a decent counter-weapon you can hurt them more than they hurt you.

However the Klobb was a useless weapon, I'm all about the Soviet, or the silenced deutche [possible spelling mistake]

DOdge the grenade launcher in goldeneye?!?!?!? are you mad!!!! you can shoot 6 rounds in under 3 seconds! you must be good:P.

I couldn't have said it better onyxmeth.

Endure. In enduring, grow strong.

Around the Network
bobacob said:
TWRoO said:

If you came at me with a grenade launcher in GoldenEye, you'd take some Klobbage to your dome, for insult points.

In the 2 (kind of 3 as I assume TS2 is similar to TS1) games from the OP that I have played.... I agree, it's often pretty easy to avoid most grenades.... in fact if you are god at dodging and you have a decent counter-weapon you can hurt them more than they hurt you.

However the Klobb was a useless weapon, I'm all about the Soviet, or the silenced deutche [possible spelling mistake]

DOdge the grenade launcher in goldeneye?!?!?!? are you mad!!!! you can shoot 6 rounds in under 3 seconds! you must be good:P.

I couldn't have said it better onyxmeth.

shoot yes, but they don't land for about 2 seconds unles you are a fool enough to be stood right in front of your opponent... although if you get really close the grenade will get them too anyway.

Also you should know we generally had the health as high as possible but still making it fair (so me being the best of my friends would usually have the lowest health, but rarely below whatever the central "normal" measure for health was. (didn't it go from 1-6 then jump up to 10, and the same in the negative direction?)

Onyxmeth said:

I think this is being brought up mainly because of Call of Duty though. If you play the the newest games, you'll know what's it's like to hate grenade launchers. Also you are thinking of a rocket launcher, which isn't the same. The grenade launchers in COD are attached to your rifle, so your speed stays fine and you don't even remotely need to hit someone to get a kill. If a rocket wizzes by you in COD you die just for being too close to where the rocket is shooting past. It can explode 400 feet behind you and you still die. That is where the problem lies. It doesn't require you to be hit or even be caught in the explosion for you to die.

Oh, well yeah, that's really stupid, broken, imbalanced, unrealistic, and illogical.  I have no idea why anybody would even think of programming that in.  Unless it was a mistake.  I really hope it was, or there are some mongoloids working on those games.

But GoldenEye had grenades, grenade launchers, and rocket launchers.  At least in that game I thought none were broken and all were hilarious.

@twroo

Something like like 1 , 2, 3, 5 and 10 i think.

One day we shall meet..... me with a grenade launcher on normal health and you with you KF7 soviet and then i will make you cry like a baby and after that we shall play.......and after that we will start the match ;o).

I live next to birmingham new street station, I will be waiting there for you, easter sunday... ill be wearing jeans and a t-shirt.

I haven't played a variety of shooters, 'nade launchers that I can recollect come from NightFire and Halo 3. Militek (I believe) and BruteShot, respectively.

The former was quite lethal against groups, decent fire rate and clip. Kinda imbalanced I would have to agree, potentially cheap in almost any hands.

Latter, high fire rate, speed and sizeable clip. But not to powerful, unless you were quite proficient. Needless to say, I could not use it to similar effect as those who handed my but to me everytime.

flames_of - "I think you're confusing Bush with Chuck Norris."

Wii: 80-85 Million end of 2009 (1.1.09)

Around the Network

correction: How to ruin a perfectly good FPS:

1. Copy Halo.
2. Have an un-chageable control scheme.
3. Remove Split-screen multiplayer.

I would seem to agree. I tried playing COD4 online on PC and it was a grenade fest. Completely ruined it for me. Not only the grenade launcher, but the actual grenades ruins it for me.

Get your Portable ID!

End of 2009 sales predictions:

PS3 - 33 Million     360 - 40 Million    Wii - 75 Million

you're not alone, frag fests piss me off. totally unrealistic and a pain in the backside. how much skill does it take to run around with a grenade launcher, popping of rounds left right and centre?

In killzone 2 i always try and look for games without grenade/rocket launchers. i wish you could chose to be the assault class with an rifle or something. I never use the rocket/grenade launchers on principle.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

i never use launchers but i dont complain either

if youre any good at cod, youre not gonna get endlessly raped by the launchers

the problem is you probobly suck

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Pyramid Head said:
i never use launchers but i dont complain either

if youre any good at cod, youre not gonna get endlessly raped by the launchers

the problem is you probobly suck

Last time i checked my kills to deaths was 2.56 to 1 but my brother has my wii now so that has probably gone down dramatically.

With all that considered i wouldn't say I'm that bad, I can use them but just like other people i bite my nose to spite my face on this very issue.

The main problem with your post is that your are probably very rude.