By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem is a difficult series, I don't know if you guys have heard

im_sneaky said:
Hmm. We're calling SD FE11 now? Thought it was too much the same.

IMO the overview music in PoR and RD was great... the music that played while you are selecting units on the battlefield. I don't even remember the battle music.... I turned off fight scenes right away.

Technically it is the 11th game even if it is a remake of the 1st. I prefer using the real names though rather than the numbers, but if someone else posts numbers first I'll post those too.

As for music, I loved the music in PoR and RD. I can't say much about the portable versions because I typically have the volume down. I do like the music on the portable versions I just always happen to be in an area where I don't wish to disturb others.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

Radiant Dawn has fantastic music

Sacred Stones and Blazing Sword have great music

Path of Radiance and Sword of Seals have good music.

It's more logical to call it FE11, as it is the 11th FE. If you call it FE:DS, you encounter a problem if there's another FE for DS.

I generally call all the other titles by name, but I do, for some odd reason, call Shadow Dragon for FE11. Not sure why.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

I finished Fire Emblem (1) on Gameboy. It was the hardest game I've ever played.

I have Oath of Radiance and Dawn of Radiance (GC ones). Which is the first one, and which should I play first?

Ovy said Radiance is easy, so I might play that first.

Nutboy said:

I finished Fire Emblem (1) on Gameboy. It was the hardest game I've ever played.

I have Oath of Radiance and Dawn of Radiance (GC ones). Which is the first one, and which should I play first?

Path of Radiance is a Gamecube game (Fire Emblem 9)

Radiant Dawn is a Wii game (Fire Emblem 10).

You should probably play Path of Radiance first, as it is before Radiant Dawn in the timeline. It's also easier.

I decided to use Fiona this time around. Should be interesting. Average stats are actually better than Oscar's.

I just finally beat path of radiance, and now when I try to import my info to Radiant Dawn, the system crashes. I had to resort to downloading a save file from somebody else. :(

Oh, and the fight with the Black Knight was some cheap ass shit.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Nutboy said:

You should probably play Path of Radiance first, as it is before Radiant Dawn in the timeline. It's also easier.

I decided to use Fiona this time around. Should be interesting. Average stats are actually better than Oscar's.

both fiona and meg can be great if you baby them and give them lots of BXP, but I hate characters that die if you touch them

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

nordlead said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
Nutboy said:

both fiona and meg can be great if you baby them and give them lots of BXP, but I hate characters that die if you touch them

How can a unit be great with BEXP?

Her average growth is 3.6 skillups per level. She only caps res on her first tier, and then it's 3.1.

So for the first 7 levels, you're "wasting" 4 stats. Then around 5 in total (for the first tier).

And Fiona starts out with 8 def, and has the highest growth rate of all the chapter 1 characters (in def).

She quickly becomes a decent tank, so if I just give her a Javelin she should be able to be a pretend-a-mage for a few levels.

Edit: Actually, Fiona is brilliant for BEXP.  She caps so much that her average growth is 1.95 in the end of tier 2 and 3. BEXP then will up her average stats by 1 each level!

Edit 2: Nevermind the edit, I've played different FEs so much I forgot how many units cap a lot in this game.

I wasn't talking about just giving her BXP for levels, but instead giving her 99, then letting her get 1 by taking 1 pot shot, then repeating. The problem is they are so weak they die if you actually try to use them. If you speed up the leveling rate by always giving them 99 xp before every round just 1 successful javelin throw equals a new level. After you do that a bit they can then stand on their own.

I prefer not using weak characters that have good potential. I use the moderate characters always, sticking in the middle. There is the odd exception when its obvious that the high-level late-introduced character is a beast.

Path of Radiance is a joy to play, especially as a change of pace from managing Runeys.

Aaahhhhh.