By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem is a difficult series, I don't know if you guys have heard

Yeah, I do the same.

I kinda wish I could have more than 5 conversations with each character. I can get why it's 1 A only, but why not unlimited Bs?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said:

Yeah, I do the same.

I kinda wish I could have more than 5 conversations with each character. I can get why it's 1 A only, but why not unlimited Bs?

I'd say replay value but you have to play every game 7 or so times to get all the A supports which is pretty rediculous considering the games are as long as they are.

For me, I do a B support with someone who I'm very likely to have near the character and do the A support with whoever's support conversation I want to see.  Hopefully the A is with someone I'm going to use over the long term, but I can live with only B supports (though not all characters can...).

Words Of Wisdom said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

Yeah, I do the same.

I'd say replay value but you have to play every game 7 or so times to get all the A supports which is pretty rediculous considering the games are as long as they are.

For me, I do a B support with someone who I'm very likely to have near the character and do the A support with whoever's support conversation I want to see.  Hopefully the A is with someone I'm going to use over the long term, but I can live with only B supports (though not all characters can...).

Don't some firemblems make you replay the game like.... 25 times before you get all the chars on VS maps?

Well, in PoR I do at least get to see 6 supports. 2 Bs, save, see the least interesting A, load save, see the most interesting.

I like having the supports at base rather than on the field.

@Kasz : I never pay attention to that stuff so I'm not sure.
@Oyv3 : Me too. In fact, I'm missing a lot of RD base stuff in Fuuin no Tsurugi atm.

Around the Network

The worst is FE11, where you can't even buy iron weapons at your base.

I hardly ever fight with anything else than iron, so I have a ton of good items in the end (and a load of money).

Iron provides better defense, so I actually prefer it over steel/silver (in most cases).

*Bows and magic are exceptions

I've never used a base shop before. I did use the forge in RD simply because you could forge better weapons than iron at cheaper prices.

Oyvoyvoyv said:

The worst is FE11, where you can't even buy iron weapons at your base.

I hardly ever fight with anything else than iron, so I have a ton of good items in the end (and a load of money).

Iron provides better defense, so I actually prefer it over steel/silver (in most cases).

*Bows and magic are exceptions

All you can buy at your base is Iron, you can't buy steel/silver at your base.

Iron doesn't provide any defense over Steel/Silver. If your unit is underpowered and looses speed points due to the item being to heavy, then yes switching to Steel/Silver hurts you.

All I use in FE11 is Steel any more due to the fact that it is cheap and most my units have strength of 10 or greater which is more than enough to weild any weapon.

However, I am also Dracoknight heavy since I am running 5 of them right now.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:

Iron doesn't provide any defense over Steel/Silver. If your unit is underpowered and looses speed points due to the item being to heavy, then yes switching to Steel/Silver hurts you.

All I use in FE11 is Steel any more due to the fact that it is cheap and most my units have strength of 10 or greater which is more than enough to weild any weapon.

Iron is arguably the best type of weapon to use because it deals low damage, has a ton of uses, and is dirt cheap.

I always carry iron on my units.  If the enemy isn't going to die from one attack or I don't want it to die in one hit, iron is the best choice.

IMO, Silver is the most worthless choice.  Killing XYZ is almost always better and Steel is nicely powerful without being as costly.

Words Of Wisdom said:
nordlead said:

Iron is arguably the best type of weapon to use because it deals low damage, has a ton of uses, and is dirt cheap.

I always carry iron on my units.  If the enemy isn't going to die from one attack or I don't want it to die in one hit, iron is the best choice.

IMO, Silver is the most worthless choice.  Killing XYZ is almost always better and Steel is nicely powerful without being as costly.

I would agree if it wasn't for the fact that I also abuse the stadiums in FE11 In Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn I almost exclusivly used Iron to make sure my weaker units got experience. But with the stadiums, I have no reason to make sure experience is equally distributed, and when a unit falls behind I just camp them on the stadium to catch back up so everyone is even. Some may consider this cheap and abusing the game, but I really don't care.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)