By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Fire Emblem is a difficult series, I don't know if you guys have heard

Just finished Path of Radiance.. I have to say that it's my third favorite of the ones released in NA. I actually like Ike too, personally. It's just.. Soren came off as a bit of a douche towards to the end but he was my 1st unit when it came to kills. I can't complain too much..

7 > 10 > 9 > 11 > 8 in my opinion.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:
Just finished Path of Radiance.. I have to say that it's my third favorite of the ones released in NA. I actually like Ike too, personally. It's just.. Soren came off as a bit of a douche towards to the end but he was my 1st unit when it came to kills. I can't complain too much..

I'd swap 10 and 7 (but they're pretty close) and 8 and 11.

Just wondering; How did Soren not come of as a bit of a douche before the end? He essentially ran around moaning all day long.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Oyvoyvoyv said:
SmokedHostage said:

I'd swap 10 and 7 (but they're pretty close) and 8 and 11.

Just wondering; How did Soren not come of as a bit of a douche before the end? He essentially ran around moaning all day long.

I guess you're right.  I took a several-month hiatus between ch. 16 to the end so I don't remember details.  I just have to say that Soren was pretty moany in general.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Guys I'm finally going to be in a position to play Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn in a couple of days.

Should I continue FE6 (I'm not far in yet) or hop on FE9?

Khuutra said:
Guys I'm finally going to be in a position to play Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn in a couple of days.

Should I continue FE6 (I'm not far in yet) or hop on FE9?

You should finish the Elibe saga before starting the Tellius saga.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

I'd finish the Elibe world before starting on Tellius.

Unless you have easier availability to FE6 than FE9 that is (so you'll be able to play FE6 at times you won't be able to play FE9)

Well, FE6 doesn't require me to use the TV, which other people may be using at times.

@Oyvoyvoyv

EDIT: FE7 imo has a more likeable cast, better dialogue and a more intense final chapter. Also, I think FE8 is below FE11 because the final chapters felt half-assed.

Pixel Art can be fun.

FE11 was the same all along.

Chapter 5: You have 8 units, 5 more powerful come at you. Can you group them up?

Chapter 15: You have 12 units, 7 more powerful come at you. Can you group them up and kill them?

(Just a half-arsed example).

FE7 does have a slightly more likeable cast (although it's close) and better dialogue (FE10 lacks supports). I don't really agree on the endgame being better in FE7.

FE10 is longer, harder, contains more diverse maps, has a few improved mechanics (like horses moving after attack), and a larger group of characters (opens for replays). Oh, and no arenas.

I'm probably missing a bit on both, but overall, I like FE10 a bit better.

Speaking FE10.. I was trying to start a new game with my PoR data and everytime I do, the game freezes. Has that ever happened to anyone?

Pixel Art can be fun.