By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumors Mounting Over $399 40GiB PS3

Spiderman 3?!?! That game was awesome! Gotta get a Ps3 now.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Around the Network

Before you know it they start selling a PS3 combined with a copy of Lair: "One package, Two disasters"

ummm, why would they have a 40G sku? 80G is the bare minium for HDD nowaday and quickly passing that in a few months.

There's no reason to manufacture the different sizes sku that cost the same to make just to sell the smaller hdd for $100 less.

I can't see it happening. What is more likely is that when the 60Gb models run out, the 80Gb model is reduced to $499 and eventually drop to $449 maybe in early 2008. I'm pretty sure they could do this and be making the same profit or loss whatever they are at the moment compared to the 60Gb model seeing as I reckon they are getting 80Gb's for cheaper then the 60Gb's drives and the removal of the EE is saving money as well.

Sony will be aiming at a $399 price at some point in 2008 in my honest opinion.

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

This doesn't make any sense. It also play's right into M$'s hands because they have pretty much stated they intend on always maintaining a lower price point. Think what another $50 dollars off of the core and premium. $229 and $299? I really hate the position Sony is in.

Around the Network

I dont see it happenning,
In another hand, a 400$ PS3 will simply KILL the Xbox360 (it will surive only in NA) and significantly boost the PS3 sales (+300%?) and KILL the HD DVD too ...

whatever, I dont believe in ...

Time to Work !

Gelmer said:
Spiderman 3?!?! That game was awesome! Gotta get a Ps3 now.

I hope they mean the movie and not the game. then again I didn't overly care for the movie either.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960

libellule said:
I dont see it happenning,
In another hand, a 400$ PS3 will simply KILL the Xbox360 (it will surive only in NA) and significantly boost the PS3 sales (+300%?) and KILL the HD DVD too ...

whatever, I dont believe in ...

At its current price the 360 would get screwed to the wall by a $400 PS3.  But do you honestly seeMicrosoft just accepting that? If that happened, you would see a $199 core and a$240-280 Pro. The sales ratio would stay similar in the USA and Europe, and obviously both consoles sales would increase in Japan, but of course the PS3 would increase by more

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I completely agree starcraft,
it depends of the Microsoft move
What is funny it that the sales numbers of the 2 consoles dont seem to be related.
I mean, when the PS3 improve, the Xbox360 is stable or improve too.
There is not so much of "reciprocal" dammage as if people are not hesitating about the consoles they want to purchase.

Time to Work !

johnsobas said:
this is probably a rumor being spread by microsoft so that people continue to wait for another price cut instead of buy it now.

Actually, Microsoft did come out and say almost the exact same thing a while ago (I want to say at least two months ago).