By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumors Mounting Over $399 40GiB PS3

shams said:
After charging $599 for a PS3 80Gig (+ game), they would have some serious BALLS to charge $399 for the same thing... with a slightly smaller hard disk.

I can't see it happening, and it would make a massive dent in their pockets if it was true.

Then again this is Sony - they aren't exactly the most rational company around.

You cant see anything good happening to Sony .That doesnt mean it wont happen .In fact ,sooner or later ....

Around the Network
shams said:
After charging $599 for a PS3 80Gig (+ game), they would have some serious BALLS to charge $399 for the same thing... with a slightly smaller hard disk.

I can't see it happening, and it would make a massive dent in their pockets if it was true.

yea it was bundled with a game... and the one thats supposedly 399 will have a smaller harddrive with a AAA hit movie...

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

the ps3 would own the 360 this holiday if this rumor were true...

PSNTAG= Xander732

Why don't they just sell it for $199 and give away 10 games? They would be sure to win then.

The reality is that Sony is not in the best financial shape to take more losses. The stockholders are going to revolt if Sony doesn't meet estimates.

URNotE said:
shams said:

yea it was bundled with a game... and the one thats supposedly 399 will have a smaller harddrive with a AAA hit movie...

If your refering SpiderMan 3 as a AAA movie you must be crazy!

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Around the Network
regin2005 said:
URNotE said:
shams said:

If your refering SpiderMan 3 as a AAA movie you must be crazy!

so i guess spiderman wasnt a box office hit this year huh??

PSNTAG= Xander732

time will show, for now, ps3 is doing great.
250k(110k retail+150k online) warhawk in usa in first week, with only 2 mln. ps3 vs 400k bioshock and 7 mln. x360...
+1-2 mln. ps3 in usa, and ps3 games will outsell x360 games in usa. :)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

FishyJoe said:
Why don't they just sell it for $199 and give away 10 games? They would be sure to win then.

The reality is that Sony is not in the best financial shape to take more losses. The stockholders are going to revolt if Sony doesn't meet estimates.

theyve been bring down the manufacturing cost constantly.. you are probably one of those who still believes that it costs 840 to produce a ps3..... If so then get lost... Id rather have a more credible source telling me what state sony is in financially

PSNTAG= Xander732

URNotE said:
FishyJoe said:

theyve been bring down the manufacturing cost constantly.. you are probably one of those who still believes that it costs 840 to produce a ps3..... If so then get lost... Id rather have a more credible source telling me what state sony is in financially

I actually read the financial reports, unlike a lot of people. It don't look all that great, especially for the gaming division. Don't believe me, read them for yourself. In fact, I beg people to read them but fanboys never do.

FishyJoe said:
URNotE said:
FishyJoe said:

I actually read the financial reports, unlike a lot of people. It don't look all that great, especially for the gaming division. Don't believe me, read them for yourself. In fact, I beg people to read them but fanboys never do.

i actuall havent read it since Q3 the gaming division is the only division to take a massive loss but if im not mistaken thats a normal thing when you release a console.. and if i remember correctly overall profits rose

PSNTAG= Xander732