By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 10 Reasons why PSN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>XboxLive

I'm also baffled when people say online play is better on Live than with PS3 games, but there are some serious things PSN is still missing. No parties for voice-chat in game means that whole games like KZ2 can't be played in the way I'd like without the game developers doing all the work themselves. Same thing with White Knight Chronicles, assuming it ever comes out: PSN voice chat would be a huge addition to a game which apparently expects people to type messages out while they play a console game.

The fact that Sony had a firmware update and added in text chat without voice chat seems somehow grotesque.

And in summary, I can't believe I just bumped this thread.

Around the Network

doesn't "10" mean "two" in computer language? (Or whatever it's called)

So he did give two reasons:

1. lag on Live
2. Halo doesn't support as many players as Warhawk

Yeah I'm putting strings together.

PS3 games are really laggy online for a few weeks after release but I do agree about lag being a bigger issue on Live. Where are the other nine reasons? Not ever the obligatory free PSN argument? Overall, I'd personally say Live and the PSN are close to being equal.

Wow.......thread created simply for hits rather than an intelligent point or discussion.....bravo. You have proven this threads worth to the VG Charz community......sheesh.

Your avatar makes me laugh every time though......:)

From my experience. Soul Cal 4, Street Fighter 2 HD all lag way more on PSn than 360.

Warhawk has dedicated servers...but most other games dont.

Around the Network

PSN . Playstation Network

The pros :

• free online 
  • lag free
  • Free everything except games
  • better games (PSN games)
  • unlimited download size (you can download full games such as Burnout and warhawk)
  • you can download movies for free and watch them on ps3 (or buy them on the PS store).

The Cons :

• no Party Voice chat
  • unchangable ID ( you have to make another account)
  • Less demos

XBL . Xbox Live

The pros :

• changeable gamertag
  • party voice chat 
  • more games (XBLA games)
  • More Demos

The cons 

• not free
  • everything costs including themes
  • Limited download size
  • Laggy online
  • you cant watch movies unless you pay for them 
  • less good games (more doesnt mean good).

There you go :]

disolitude said:
From my experience. Soul Cal 4, Street Fighter 2 HD all lag way more on PSn than 360.

Warhawk has dedicated servers...but most other games dont.

I dont know about Soul cal 4 but HD R is true. Didn't this get fixed by the latest patch ?

Yeah I'm too much of a wuss to try most fighting games online, so I can't say I've experienced that.

TheTruthHurts! said:
Wow.......thread created simply for hits rather than an intelligent point or discussion.....bravo. You have proven this threads worth to the VG Charz community......sheesh.

Your avatar makes me laugh every time though......:)

lol i need those vg$

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

wfz said:
doesn't "10" mean "two" in computer language? (Or whatever it's called)

So he did give two reasons:

1. lag on Live
2. Halo doesn't support as many players as Warhawk

Yeah I'm putting strings together.

16 people on h3 is already bad, 32 would be TERRIBLE even with bigger maps.  Also games on XBL only lag when the game decides to pick the person with wal-mart dial up to host the game.