By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - why do people still buy pokemons games?!?

why?!?

pokemon red,

pokemon blue,

pokemon green,

pokemon yellow,

pokemon gold,

pokemon silver,

pokemon crystal,

pokemon ruby,

pokemon sapphire,

pokemon firered,

pokemon leafgreen,

pokemon emerald,

pokemon diamond,

pokemon pearl,

pokemon platinum

is it because of a new generation of gamers getting it (kids)

or are the same people buying time after time the same old game

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

Um... because they're still fun games?

Why do people still buy Madden? NHL? ANY sequel ever?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I buy them because I enjoy them. I can't, and don't want to, speak for others.

I bought them so I can catch them all.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

thekitchensink said:

new stuff if you look from nhl 2001 to  nhl 2009 there's a world of difference in the gameplay but pokemon damn it's always the same thing and it sells like crazy

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:
I bought them so I can catch them all.

well you will never catch them all cause they always releasing some new weird pokemons, in the same game as previous ones but with a new bad team to beat and two or three new supreme pokemons

Ask pichu_pichu he knows ....

chapset said:
thekitchensink said:

new stuff if you look from nhl 2001 to  nhl 2009 there's a world of difference in the gameplay but pokemon damn it's always the same thing and it sells like crazy

Well that's not true.  They always seem to add a bunch of different stuff in pokemon games, new types, different ways to get moves, the type values changing, the swithcing and transfering of moves etc....

lol I bought Red, Blue and Yellow though they are basically the same game ^^

izaaz101 said:
I buy them because I enjoy them. I can't, and don't want to, speak for others.

Pretty much this.

Pixel Art can be fun.