By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Zelda for the Wii

I've always wanted a Zelda game where the setting is set in present day in city but Link or the Link representative would still use a sword. Or a sequel to MM I would like that a lot another thing they could do is split into two different style zelda cel shading and one with more "mature" graphics........ but this would be impossible. And last thing make the bosses damn near impossible to beat. I've never had such an easy time run through bosses in a zelda game until a played TP....

Around the Network
tmbh said:
Wasn't there a rumor that a small glimpse of the Wii version would be shown at E3?

I'm not surprised it didn't make an appearance. Anyway here are some things I would like to see.

1) Updated TP style graphics (no cell shading please)
2) More to do-specifically side/mini quests or games - I expected more of this in TP.
3) New + more weapons/Armour or Upgradeable options - TP only had two swords/shields!!
4) Better environments - Some areas in TP although big/huge had little to do in them. Specifically the Gerudo Desert and Snow Peak.

I think some of my criticisms are because TP was basically a GameCube game with Wii controls and not taking advantage of the DVDs space, Wii hardware etc.

You didn't like the Cave of Ordeals? That was pretty challenging.. also, Snowpeak had snowboarding.. I thought that was one of the best minigame in TP. Took a while to beat Yeta..

Gelmer said:

This game had actually begun work before Twilight Princess was released due to how far back Twilight Princess was pushed, but still little if anything is known about it. All we know is that its going to be a true from the ground up Zelda game for the Wii. What is is called? I have no clue! What is it about? Triforces of course, but more specifically I'm at a loss. What have you folk heard about this game is there anything on it yet?

Thusly, to make this thread worth your while if this was less than what you were expecting out of the topic, a picture of female ganondorf.

gender swap unrelated to said Zelda game... aw hell no! great idea, make this new Zelda like FFX2 with all female characters (male characters turned into female, etc). It would be awesome.

ok you can cry because if done correctly the game will be good, see FFXIII where main character is female.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

I think you guys are forgetting something. Zelda is SUPPOSED to be the same thing like that.

Familiar settings and characters is what it's all about, with a whole new(ish) Adventure.

Kind of like Dragon Warrior.

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!

If Zelda is to "remain the same", they have to change the scope and massively focus on the 'smaller' elements of the game.

You start as a stable hand, within the castle. You spend the first 10 hrs learning how to use a sword, and wandering around the castle - which has proper Wiimote control. No longer do you just "flick" and kill multiple enemies at once - its now difficult, and takes a while to kill a single, simple enemy (much more in depth).

You can climb surfaces ala PoP or Assassins Creed.

Maybe using the balance board as well - could be interesting.

It just has to be new - I don't want to play Ocarina AGAIN - with prettier gfx, Wiimote control alone. Even TP got tiring in the most part.

Or for something completely different:

- a witch has cursed you, and switch your spirit(?) with Ganons. You are in Ganons body, and he is in yours!

- he acts the goody-goody, taking over the throne - while you are banished from the land.

- you play the villain. You have to defeat all the shrines, and can either do so with maximum force/violence - or by acting as a "good" baddie. Ultimately you face off with Link - and have to defeat him - and then revert to your original forms.

Could be cute...?

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
Shadow)OS said:
I think you guys are forgetting something. Zelda is SUPPOSED to be the same thing like that.

Familiar settings and characters is what it's all about, with a whole new(ish) Adventure.

Kind of like Dragon Warrior.

Really? Look at the new Mario game.

Zelda (IMO) is about a particular style of gameplay - more so than a particular setting. Wind Waker was an awesome Zelda (much, much better than TP IMO) - and it had little to do with Hyrule.

One of my friends suggested a WWII epic - where you discover Ganon is the driving force behind Hitler. The very concept excites me greatly (imagine Link "looking down at a rifle in his hands - and feeling distraught") - but I imagine the subject material is far too difficult (and controversial) for Nintendo.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Umm, shams, any idea that suggests a WWII theme instantly makes baby Jesus cry and kills 40 baby seals. Sorry. Just how life is.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

yeah WWII theme would be terrible. i mean we have way too many WWII games as is, no reason to ruin a zelda game by adding to that list.

but i do like the idea of having the combat much more detailed and have each single enemy a real fight rather than just slashing a couple times and they are dead. harder enemies, more enemies, much harder bosses! i don't like these vast open fields with nothing to do in them and only a couple bad guys here and there who provide no challenge at all. i think a good balance can be made between types of enemies. on the one hand there should be some skilled enemies which offer a real challenge and might take a couple minutes to beat each one and you have to actually be good at sword fighting to beat them or you'll lose a good bit of health in the fight and risk death, and you would need to dodge and block and you could try to knock away their weapon or injure one of their legs so they limp around and are less effective. this can be balanced with the normal type of enemy that doesn't provide much challenge but a whole swarm of them attack you at once, maybe 4 baddies charge you and Link has to fend them off with his sword while another guy is shooting arrows at you from behind them and you have to use your shield (controlled by the nunchucks motions?!?!?) to block the arrows inbetween slashing at the other enemies, also early in the game if you just have a wooden shield too many arrow hits or sword hits against it and it'll start to crack and eventually break so if it has begun cracking a more intelligent enemy would notice this and focus on pounding your shield. so definitely the battle system and the way fights take place in the game could use an overhaul since it hasn't changed since ocarina of time.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

It seems the new Wii Zelda game is... right around the corner:
http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=6753

Reality has a Nintendo bias.

I put my hand on my heart and say if they bring out a non-cell shaded, Hyrule based Zelda game made for the Wii from the ground up, i will buy the console and the game on launch day.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS