By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Zelda for the Wii

a new zelda for the wii better be an apology, with a severe enhancement in graphics and sound to replace that piss-poor gamecube port that disgraced the wii at launch.

seriously guys, i would've prefered it they realeased the gamecube release on time, and released the wii version sometime later with considerable graphic and sound enhancments. as opposed the direct GC port with a change in the control sceme...oh and that 16x9 exclusive.

after playing MP3:C i've seen the true quality of the wii and nintendo better start playing straight dice when creating future hallmark installments for the wii.

PSN ID: cgnobody

Xbox Gamertag: cgnobodyX

Wii friend code: 1445-3731-4393-2518

Around the Network

Good God cgnobody it wasn't that bad.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

for a GC game it was awesome. as a wii title it was, once again, piss-poor. sorry i really expect a leap from console to console. and the leap from GCs TP to the wiis was not even a hop.

sorry after the year of postponment of GCs release my expectations were really riding high. and they, excuse the bluntness, crapped all over that shrine i built in my head for that game.

PSN ID: cgnobody

Xbox Gamertag: cgnobodyX

Wii friend code: 1445-3731-4393-2518

i like your ideas shams, im in favour of it having a more of a war theme to it, im sick of it being link against the world. i like the idea of that in the first 10-20 hours of the game you simply make your own decisions as to how the game will play out, you either stay on the ranch learning all there is to riding horses, bow and arrow, going into town etc, or you take of for the big cities, enter competitions, get your name recognizied by the masses so that when ganondorf does come into play you can either go it alone (all the zeldas thus far), or get the masses on your side and go to war against him.

mispost

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Around the Network

@all - only reason I am bringing up a war theme, is that Nintendo themselves mentioned it. Its something to really think about.

And when I say WWII - I do NOT MEAN A SHOOTER. It wouldn't be an action game at all - still similar to how Zelda is now, just with a completely different setting.

You could even push a "fantasy" WWII theme - Ganon is "interfering" with history, and Link has to stop him. Or a setting like Onimushu (sp?) III - modern day, where demons and nasties are dropped into the world.

Anyway, I hope a Zelda fishing game gets released at some point. That would rock. Wonder if Ninty could justify a fishing rod attachment thing...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

why do these ideas smell like a full metal alchemist rip off. WW2 theme in anothe parallel dimension to that of the old alchemist world hmmm.

@damkira

Cave of ordeals was great!! But Gerudo desert has little else to offer.

Snow Peak has the snow boarding and a dungeon, and thats it!!!!

Further to other peoples comments... I loved to ocean/sailing stuff in Windwaker. It was clearly a Hyrule Field replacement but there is no reason why we cant have both in the next game. This would allow you to travel out of Hyrule into new territory.

Also like the time traveling (Ocarina of Time) and the switch between dark/light, again this could of had greater depth in TP so why not combine both like above!!

Give the ocean a FULL LIVING underwater city!! (not just a small community like under Lake Hylia!)

More voice acting would also be a plus, that was definitely missing from TP but it had great cinematics!

Another thread touched on how Hyrule felt under populated with the main Castle Town more like a village and generally a lake of life in the game world.

Please no modernfuturistic themes, it just kills good games. Look at AoE, AoEIII has to be one of the worst games I ever played and I blame it squarely on going too far into modern times.

Hyrule at war would be nice, I can imagine some gritty battle scenes in which link leads Hyrules army and it could lead to some more creative and difficult enemies.

I agree Ninty needs something new but they also need to avoid raping the franchise by going completely off the wall, Zelda is and always has been a traditional franchise, even WW wasnt that far out.

Can i ask if anyone has any realistic ideas about when we can expect the next Wii Zelda game?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS