By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Zelda for the Wii

This game had actually begun work before Twilight Princess was released due to how far back Twilight Princess was pushed, but still little if anything is known about it. All we know is that its going to be a true from the ground up Zelda game for the Wii. What is is called? I have no clue! What is it about? Triforces of course, but more specifically I'm at a loss. What have you folk heard about this game is there anything on it yet?

Thusly, to make this thread worth your while if this was less than what you were expecting out of the topic, a picture of female ganondorf.

gender swap unrelated to said Zelda game... aw hell no! great idea, make this new Zelda like FFX2 with all female characters (male characters turned into female, etc). It would be awesome.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Around the Network

Lake Hylia could become a cursed spring.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Hopefully we see the game explore more mature themes as we started to see endeavored in the concept of Twilight Princess.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

I believe that Eiji Aonuma was interviewed during E3.. Someone asked him about the upcoming Wii Zelda, but he revealed very little.. saying that the story was still very much up in the air.

I don't care what they come up with, as long as it's not cel-shaded. Save that for the handhelds.

Wii Friend Code: 7356 3455 0732 3498 PM me if you add me

Around the Network

what if said zelda game was a spinoff for the Majora's Mask game. Like Fierce Diety Links past or Majora's origin. That would be interesting and a refreshing departure from a somewhat abused franchise.

Wasn't there a rumor that a small glimpse of the Wii version would be shown at E3?

I'm not surprised it didn't make an appearance. Anyway here are some things I would like to see.

1) Updated TP style graphics (no cell shading please)
2) More to do-specifically side/mini quests or games - I expected more of this in TP.
3) New + more weapons/Armour or Upgradeable options - TP only had two swords/shields!!
4) Better environments - Some areas in TP although big/huge had little to do in them. Specifically the Gerudo Desert and Snow Peak.

I think some of my criticisms are because TP was basically a GameCube game with Wii controls and not taking advantage of the DVDs space, Wii hardware etc.

I hope they show us what they can do. As much as I loved TP, SMG and MP3 were built from the ground up for the Wii and it shows. What I want is a development of the darker elements of TP. I'd also like the return of more optional sidequests and mini-games. And yes... keep the cell shading away.

Jusenkyo!

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

well i agree no cell shaded graphics. Leave that for the DS. The cell sytle is good but if it sacrifices the real graphics then don't want.

Actually how could would it be if you could select real or cell shaded as a option. Now that be something for both tastes.

Also voice acting be cool (have a on off option for those who hate voice acting)