By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NoE says no Fatal Frame IV in Europe

DaGreatestHope said:
SaviorX said:
Maybe they feel it won't make back the money it costs to localize.

Makes no sense considering how much money Nintendo is making in the console business. Especially when Sony/MS are willing to take hits to get a good game out to every region.

This is what sets them apart unfortunately.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Soriku said:
People should read famousringo's post. There's no point in making that recent ad if it was not coming. In NA, it may come out by another third party (or maybe just Tecmo again).

That will probably be it to be honest.

Since Koei and Tecmo merged we had news about Ni-oH, so they just might do this as well.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Most logical explanation I can think of is that Nintendo does not want 3rd party games getting in the way of their 1st party sales.

Since there are so many bad 3rd party Wii games, people have no choice to buy Nintendo games thus it increases their profits.

So if there are good 3rd party games, people might start buying them instead of more Nintendo games which nets Nintendo less money.

Nintendo wants to push the new Punchout and WiiSports Resort and get more people to buy them.

But it does not explain why Nintendo wants RE 5, GTA, and other HD-only multiplats on their console when they are not willing to put Fatal Frame 4 out on it.

So who knows?

Ahh, Schadenfreude, really makes this American Wii owner feel better.

Misery loves company, eh?

And so the mystery of Fatal Frame IV thickens. Quite the drama.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Crap! I want to get that game so badly, I'm Pissed!!

In my last hour I'm slave to power of death!!!

Around the Network

That's a shame. So, I neither want games like Hanna Montana, Petz, Rayman Ravids, Carnival Games, Game Party, Deca Sports, Active Live, Horsez, Triivial, Wii Chess, Wii fit, Wii Music.....to be localized.
It is incredible, they are not even trying.
Bad, very BAD days to be a hardcore Nintendo fan.
I don't really know what worldwide exclusive will Nintendo give to Gametrailers, I just hope it is not Wii Music Plus.....

lol at both above users they almost have identical zelda avatars

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

Soriku, you said Tecmo may bring this over. In the NoA thread however a response from Tecmo stated that Nintendo owns the publishing right to the game.

Wouldn't this mean that unless Nintendo gives the "Ok" Tecmo can not do anything about it?

Currently playing:

I'm quite sure the game is coming to Europe, Nintendo is just not publishing it. I mean there is no other reason that ad would exist.

Soriku said:
Euphoria14 said:
Soriku, you said Tecmo may bring this over. In the NoA thread however a response from Tecmo stated that Nintendo owns the publishing right to the game.

Wouldn't this mean that unless Nintendo gives the "Ok" Tecmo can not do anything about it?

Since it's coming to EU as told in the ad, that must mean that Nintendo gave the rights to Tecmo for them to publish it. I guess they can do the same for NA.

Hopefully. I like the Fatal Frame series.

Currently playing: