By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will PS3 ever take over 360?

I think not...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network

there should be no doubt that there is no way the ps3 will pass the 360 in 2008, or even 2009. i personally think it will barely pass the 360 late in the generation. with maybe like a year left before next-next-gen hits (so like late 2010/early 2011??) i think the difference will be no greater than the like 3 million difference between gamecube and xbox. but the 360 might stay out in front depending on how big a lead it can get. the ps3 won't start outselling the 360 until it comes down to under 400 dollars, which will take like 1.5-2 years. so by that time the 360 might have an 8/9 million unit lead, which could be too much to ever make up. welp, either i think they'll end up very close to each other.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Oh no... flaming starts in 3,2,1...

Just to show what I mean by PSN is flawed. I mentioned another post that because it's free it doesnt have the resources to maintain itself compared to Xbox live. i.e being kicked out of games for no apprent reason sometimes 10 times in 10 minutes. also downloading takes ages even using the same broadband connection. and it just doesnt feel as enjoyable to be apart of.

The ps3 has the chance to pass the 360 in 2008, it all depends on what sony does with it, price drop and AAA titles that deliver and killzone 2 becomes the greatest shooter on the ps systems etc.. Things have to go good for sony in order for them to pass the 360, microsoft has a huge advantage though...

They advertise.

mM
Around the Network
selnor said:
Just to show what I mean by PSN is flawed. I mentioned another post that because it's free it doesnt have the resources to maintain itself compared to Xbox live. i.e being kicked out of games for no apprent reason sometimes 10 times in 10 minutes. also downloading takes ages even using the same broadband connection. and it just doesnt feel as enjoyable to be apart of.

I believe you dont own a ps3 to say such things. Because I have never been kicked out of any online game, downloads USED to take ages its faster now around 1mb per 3 secounds.

mM

I dont want this to turn bad now so all I'm saying is on the highstreet here in the U.K as a multiplatform owner although it's sad I see no proof that the PS3 will pick up steam. Also the same in English media. It's all negative towards the PS3. And people are listening to it. im just being realistic.

Prediction by 2011-2012;

DS : 135 millions

Wii : 85 millions

Xbox 360 : 47 millions

PS3; 54 millions

PSP : 35 millions

and after in 2012; Microsoft be going to throw the Xbox Alpha, Sony the PS4 and Nintendo maybe Wii 2.

selnor said:
I dont want this to turn bad now so all I'm saying is on the highstreet here in the U.K as a multiplatform owner although it's sad I see no proof that the PS3 will pick up steam. Also the same in English media. It's all negative towards the PS3. And people are listening to it. im just being realistic.

Yes it is all negative towards the ps3.

mM

leo-j

(09/09/07, 17:20) selnor said:

I believe you dont own a ps3 to say such things. Because I have never been kicked out of any online game, downloads USED to take ages its faster now around 1mb per 3 secounds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

360-12-14million-Will be outsold by ps3 every week

ps3-7.0-10.0million-This ten million is here due to potential.

I expect the ps3 to hit 18million sold by August 2008. Also I expect the ps3 to surpass the 360 in world wide salesaround that same date.

You are right I dont own a PS3. I used to. Im happy with my PS2 and 360.