By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New SEGA and Tri-Ace RPG (PS3/360) - End of Eternity

@ onna76

this is my theory: Tri-ace wanted to make Starocean on Ps3 and 360 (cause they're used to release games on sony consoles),, Square enix said no due to their agreements with microsoft (or maybe delay the ps3 version),,, Tri-ace got mad from the sales of SO4 and decided to collaborate with Sega , as simple as that ,,,

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIII (PS3), White Knight Chronicles (PS3), PES 2010 (PS3), Killzone 2 (PS3)

Games to Finish: Silent hill Homecoming (PS3), Valkyria Chronicles (PS3), Oblivion (PS3)

Around the Network

Well some very good news, the director of this game is Suguro whom directed Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria. This probably also means the team makinh this game is none other then the VP team.

RPG said:
Well some very good news, the director of this game is Suguro whom directed Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria. This probably also means the team makinh this game is none other then the VP team.

Thast Great!!!

Random Encounters.

Rei said:
Random Encounters.

There is!?

Around the Network

I never thought I'd prefer Sega over Square Enix for localization but after the suspect voice acting Square Enix gave us for Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean IV, I welcome it. Valkyria Chronicles had excellent localization. Infinite Undiscovery's was so so and Star Ocean's is terrible. What makes Star Ocean's so bad is some of the voice cast is good and others are awful. The contrast is what makes it so annoying. If they were all awful, I'd be able to deal with it better.

Another rpg.....wow it is looking like the rpg balance of power is moving.

Xxain said:
Rei said:
Random Encounters.

There is!?

Not confirmed but it seems so.

Rei said:
Xxain said:
Rei said:
Random Encounters.

There is!?

Not confirmed but it seems so.

oh....man, its not gonna have random encounters, tri-Ace hasnt done a game with random encounters since PS1 days...

hayeya_k said:
@ onna76

this is my theory: Tri-ace wanted to make Starocean on Ps3 and 360 (cause they're used to release games on sony consoles),, Square enix said no due to their agreements with microsoft (or maybe delay the ps3 version),,, Tri-ace got mad from the sales of SO4 and decided to collaborate with Sega , as simple as that ,,,

Also a very good theory, either way, its a huge surprise that Tri Ace puts its game for the very, very first time in the hands of another publisher. I like it though, no matter what reason, but it sure shows they want the game multi platform both on the PS3 and 360 and not only on the 360. At least I don't have to fear the game will be postponed on the PS3 due to some pathetic excuses or the entire game being canned. Maybe getting independent from SE for a change is a good thing, except for the Dragon Quest DS remakes which wasn't even made by SE and therefore are amazing, I see nothing but disasters coming from out of the hands of SE.

WOT??!! The director is the one who was responsible for VPS?? Ow yeah!

@Dark Requim, wow that bad? I really like SOIII, but they really must have screwed up that game then. I hear nothing but bad things about it. And yes, you're right, with a few exceptions, like FFXII (wow only real good thing about that game was the voice over cast), SE has lousy voice over casts. Only have to mention English voice of Yuna and Tidus and I start to shiver.

@EagleEyes, depending on the release in the US. A good thing the PS3 is region free then

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo