By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The real reason we hate wii

because I don't have one XD

Around the Network

someone had to say it.

nice read.

I love how nobody read the disclaimer about how this doesn't apply to everyone and that the ideas presented aren't really concrete definitions lol.

@xbrawl
@bod
@shanobi

lol

a montana and bolero: actual lol!

@rol

yours is much too shortwinded I'd have to say.

This OP was written in response to a lot of those posts I saw in that thread. There were a lot of reasons put out there and yours and a couple others I think are the most accurate.

I think the mistake that people make, is that we are saying the wii is killing gaming. It isn't. And I hope I illustrated that point clearly. We think the wii is killing *OUR kind of gaming, not gaming.

*various types of games and tastes, not just mine or sports or hardcore tastes for that matter.

Oh no, another knight of the hardcore table claiming the Wii to be the end of gaming...
If there is something that is an actual threat to gaming then it is this pathetic Hardcore vs Casual or HD vs Wii war. I mean, it's almost as if some think that what some call "hardcore game" is the actual definition of "game", which it isn't.

There is a lot of different games in todays gaming world, which IMO is a positive thing, and part of it is thanks to the Wii.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
I love how nobody read the disclaimer about how this doesn't apply to everyone and that the ideas presented aren't really concrete definitions lol.

@xbrawl
@bod
@shanobi

lol

a montana and bolero: actual lol!

No, no, no. Generalizations are totally fine. I completely accept that concept. Improper use of words is not the same thing.

"Hardcore," as defined by Webster's Dictionary: a relatively small enduring core of society marked by apparent resistance to change or inability to escape a persistent wretched condition.

Or as Dictionary.com puts it: An intractable core or nucleus of a society, especially one that is stubbornly resistant to improvement or change.

This does actually describe your predicament, but not in the noble way you'd like it to. It seems you put a premium on graphics. Or at least I assume you do, because that's the obvious way to explain why you'd wouldn't be happy even if these games did not disappear but simply moved to the Wii.

You are correct that graphics are becoming less significant to a games' popularity. Things are changing. You, as a member of the hardcore, resist that change.

You are absolutely correct that the things you (apparently) care about are becoming less important and you will be catered too less emphatically in the future. Sorry.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

It's not just graphics bod. It's a very different kind of gaming and you must at least give me that slight concession. I think I put it best that, atm, we are getting a shit-ton of great games. I don't ever remember getting so many games that specifically suit my tastes in a wide variety. A lot of people feel this way.

Like I said in the disclaimer, I do not resist this change. I play wii about once a week, and I've probably beat about 5 or 6 games on it. I've also said in other threads that I am a future wii supporter.

PS: nice daffynitions :P and thanks for the apology, but it's not needed. Wii owners are not at fault.

I don't like simulation racing games. I should endlessly bitch on these forums about hardcore gamers like me that only want to keep our niche arcade racing games that have to concede our interests for those casuals that enjoy sim racers simply because they are more popular. It's threatening my Crazy Taxi's and my Burnouts and my old school Need for Speeds. Wah wah wah.

Nevermind me(but do pay attention). I'll be in the corner with the Wii bitchers throwing a tantrum.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

theprof00 said:
It's not just graphics bod. It's a very different kind of gaming and you must at least give me that slight concession.

Then what is it? How would the Wii not be acceptable? Lets put all these games you like on the Wii instead.

However, you said: "Even if they do not disappear, and simply just appear on the wii we are hesitant to buy the wii because to us it represents a step back."

Let's imagine all of those games you apparently care about being put on the Wii instead. Apparently, that's not acceptable to you. Why?

I don't ask that question in a sarcastic or snarky manner, prof. I'd genuinely be curious.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

@onyx
I'm sure that came off as pretty mean to someone out there, but it's pretty accurate.