By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The real reason we hate wii

@neptune
yes but "why do we bash them"
because other people think they are good?
I think it's more the idea that, we wouldn't want to be forced to play them. Do you agree?

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Shanobi said:
So basically your use of a disclaimer means that you can say anything, and it means nothing.

It means that it should be allowed to mean something for those who it applies to.

I didn't even get your first post anyway. What does it mean? That I should be happy for wii owners? I am, and I think a lot of HD owners don't care about wii owners but the are scared of losing options.

Oh, well allow me to clarify for you:

"We "hardcore" gaming audience are very much the definition of the word. We eat sleep and talk about video games. We look up games that are coming out and we pine over special features. We have lots and lots of experience. We've played hundreds of games to completion and we've critisized all of them."

This, and basically the entire rest of your post assumes that non-Nintendo gamers all love videogames more than Nintendo owners.

I'm sorry that was so difficult for you to follow. Disclaimer: If  I'm condescending don't hold it against me. I used a disclaimer.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

theprof00 said: Yadda, yadda, yadda... *piss* *whine* *moan* *bitch*

My only response is why bitch about games you don't have to play and a system you don't have to own instead playing all the hardcore games you want on the PS360?

It's really because Wii is outselling the PS360 - though you'd never admit it.

Oh ok,
you meant: you love video games more than wii gamers love video games
I read it as: you love video games more than you love wii gamers.

A nice "do" at the end of your sentence would have made that English. :P it's a joke, don't get all upset. Right now, you are way more upset than you need to be.

My disclaimer is mainly there because there are a lot of wii owner that are hardcore, hence why I said there are a lot of different groups, and broad definitions were used yadda yadda. I've made it plenty clear that if you are on this site, you are probably a hardcore gamer. Unfortunately there is just so much you can write in a disclaimer because as you can see I already used 3 lines on it.

But tell me this Shan. How much do you play video games on average per day?

@ken
lol I saw your avatar and expected some harassment lol sorry.

it's not about the sales battle, so to speak. It is about the sales in a different way, because future consoles may draw concepts from the wii, which is what i think people are afraid of.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
@ken
lol I saw your avatar and expected some harassment lol sorry.

it's not about the sales battle, so to speak. It is about the sales in a different way, because future consoles may draw concepts from the wii, which is what i think people are afraid of.

O_o

Oh, and you didn't answer my question... but it's ok.

@ken

lol the way you highlighted things out of context was funny!

seriously if you did that as a joke, I give u props.

EDIT: the answer to your question was in my last post. Because it might affect future games. Look I really could care less, I have unopened games here. I just wanted to clarify that we don't hate the wii because it's in first place or some asinine reason such as that.

^yeah just read rols post his is infinitely more informed and well written.

theprof00 said:
Oh ok,
you meant: you love video games more than wii gamers love video games
I read it as: you love video games more than you love wii gamers.

A nice "do" at the end of your sentence would have made that English. :P it's a joke, don't get all upset. Right now, you are way more upset than you need to be.

My disclaimer is mainly there because there are a lot of wii owner that are hardcore, hence why I said there are a lot of different groups, and broad definitions were used yadda yadda. I've made it plenty clear that if you are on this site, you are probably a hardcore gamer. Unfortunately there is just so much you can write in a disclaimer because as you can see I already used 3 lines on it.

But tell me this Shan. How much do you play video games on average per day?

I only find time to play 1-2 hours a day. However, I'm 35.  Before my 30's, and having as much responsibility as I do, I probably spent 4-7 hours a day gaming.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

No offense, but I think it is important to get an HD owners take on it. Despite your post being better, you are still a wii owner. And I think it means more for someone on "our side" to have said it.
If you notice, this flak is from majority wii owners too.
ken shan khan boxy forest, most everyone.
However, I'm sure nobody feels they have to question it if you said it. You know what I mean?
And don't try to say it's because my OP was poorly worded. It's just not as good as yours :P