By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The real reason we hate wii

Bodhesatva said:
theprof00 said:
It's not just graphics bod. It's a very different kind of gaming and you must at least give me that slight concession.

Then what is it? How would the Wii not be acceptable? Lets put all these games you like on the Wii instead.

However, you said: "Even if they do not disappear, and simply just appear on the wii we are hesitant to buy the wii because to us it represents a step back."

Let's imagine all of those games you apparently care about being put on the Wii instead. Apparently, that's not acceptable to you. Why?

I don't ask that question in a sarcastic or snarky manner, prof. I'd genuinely be curious.

You must understand that at this moment you are asking me to decide why others would upset with that scenario. Like I said, the wii is not a bad system, it's just different. That, and I do play on a regular basis.

OT: control style, game size, I'm sure there are lots of issues

Around the Network

Ah, I see, you aren't speaking only for yourself even now. That's fine.

"Game size" is... pretty freaking vague, to say the least, but control style is reasonable.

I think most people just don't want to admit "I'm used to the traditional game pad and I care a lot about graphics," because it makes them seem petty.

I actually think there are honestly some specific genres (Fighters a la Street Fighter immediately come to mind) that are significantly less fun with a controller like the Wii Mote, but otherwise I don't have a lot of sympathy for those preferences.

I'll give you "at least you're being honest" kudos, at least.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

So basically your use of a disclaimer means that you can say anything, and it means nothing.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

is immature to hate a piece of electronic,...

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡

forest-spirit said:
Oh no, another knight of the hardcore table claiming the Wii to be the end of gaming...
If there is something that is an actual threat to gaming then it is this pathetic Hardcore vs Casual or HD vs Wii war. I mean, it's almost as if some think that what some call "hardcore game" is the actual definition of "game", which it isn't.

There is a lot of different games in todays gaming world, which IMO is a positive thing, and part of it is thanks to the Wii.

/thread

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
@onyx
I'm sure that came off as pretty mean to someone out there, but it's pretty accurate.

So then should I feel proud for being able to mimic a child or be sad that these are actually adult's thinking this way?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

It's just the function of resistance to the mainstreaming of video games. I mean, i remember dedicated groups of haters against Halo and GTA last generation, because they were mainstream, and therefore bad. But now, a new low of mainstream has been reached, so Halo and GTA are now listed as paragons of excellence in gaming, so long as they are another bullet point against this new lowest common denominator called casual games. Those haters against Halo and GTA still exist, but they're largely residue from last generation.

Just like the guys in Anime Club who hate on One Piece, simply because it's the #1 Anime in Japan, but if One Piece were some sort of underground thing, they'd be fine with it.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Shanobi said:
So basically your use of a disclaimer means that you can say anything, and it means nothing.

It means that it should be allowed to mean something for those who it applies to.

I didn't even get your first post anyway. What does it mean? That I should be happy for wii owners? I am, and I think a lot of HD owners don't care about wii owners but the are scared of losing options.

Did you ever stop to think that we bash wii games because for the most part they tend to suck (3rd party I mean)?

Like okay anyone who bashes Mario or SSBB is probably hating, but you can easily justify hating MadWorld, No More Heroes, Zack and Wiki, because they aren't as good as their similar HD counterparts.

Owner of 360

Future owner of a PS3 (when it drops to $300)

@Mr. Khan
Of course there are always going to be people that hate something because it's mainstream. However, I don't think halo or gta were ever mainstream as they've never made up more than 10% of the gaming populace. Additionally, I don't think that it's fair to say that everyone who hates the wii hates it because it's mainstream. That focus would be a little too narrow.

PS: is One Piece really the #1 in Japan? I really dislike that show! lol....seriously

@onyx,
i think you should pity them. But I'll salute your performance nonetheless :P

@boxy and spirit
I don't think you guys even read the OP because I specifically wrote that we understand that wii owners like their games and that wii games are good, but they just don't mesh. Anyways, you should post some more, don't bother reading stuff, it'll get in the way of upping your post count in an efficient manner.

@pointx
I agree.

@Bod
I've noticed that wii/ds games seem to be shorter, or make use of repetitive textures. This isn't that much of a problem, because gameplay often overshadows this and nintendo gameplay is always pretty high in that regard.
It's possible that it is a self-esteem issue, but I would have though someone with balls would have said that kind of thing already. It can't possibly be that HD gamers just don't have any balls right?