By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - That's it! I have decided to start and finish Ocarina of time!

as much as i have been tempted to play through with only 3 hearts and whatever else challenges there are, I just can't do it. Not because it is hard, but I'm a completionist. I can't stand not getting everything in the game.

which is one of the reasons lovign star ocean 4, holy shit that's like a completionists wet dream. so much damn stuff to do

Around the Network
irstupid said:
as much as i have been tempted to play through with only 3 hearts and whatever else challenges there are, I just can't do it. Not because it is hard, but I'm a completionist. I can't stand not getting everything in the game.

which is one of the reasons lovign star ocean 4, holy shit that's like a completionists wet dream. so much damn stuff to do

I beat the game so many times and I didn't have money to buy more games. So I beat it with those conditions. I've also beat the game without using lockon at all, however that is a little crazy when trying to sword fight.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Spoiler - The dog dies at the end.

Great game, #1 on my all time list.

nordlead said:
irstupid said:

I beat the game so many times and I didn't have money to buy more games. So I beat it with those conditions. I've also beat the game without using lockon at all, however that is a little crazy when trying to sword fight.

ha yea i've beat it like 6 times at least, but just so hard not to grab shit, when i know where everything is hidden basically by memory.  

I just wish they would finally give the skullita's or poes.  you know the collect 100 thingy's that are the hardest, an actual good reward.  By the time you can even get all of them you don't need money at all, so the infinite money is pointless.  no point ever to go past 50, which you get easily just by playing. 

They should have some special armor, arrows, sword or something.  hell even a new saddle for horse or something would be cool, even if does nothing.  Just don't be the gay old infinite 100 rupee thingy.  So dumb.  Maybe thats why i dont' care about trophy's or achievements in 360/ps3.  They don't give me anything so why the hell do i care. I dont' care about my gamerscore or anything.  I love doint the random sidequest to get like ice arrows, or bigger quiver/bomb bag ect.  Money and achievements are gay. I can get money super easy doing other things, and hell had to spend money constantly in TP so i could open up the chests in the dungeons.

Ocarina of Time is a great game if you have a strategy guide. Without it I would of never of got halfway let alone finish the game.

Around the Network
PS3beats360 said:
Ocarina of Time is a great game if you have a strategy guide. Without it I would of never of got halfway let alone finish the game.

yet we hear constantly from the hardcore about ocmplaints of the game being dumbed down.

i didn't use a guide for either ocarina or twilight princess.  or any of the DS, gameboy games.  The only help i ever had was a friend came over on a snow day and helped me with the water temple cause i was having trouble.  and lets see I would have been about 13 back then.  

so no Zelda games aren't strategy guide needed unless you have no patience and are used to purely linear games, like it seems all HARDCORE games are now adays.

irstupid said:

... I think I want Star Ocean 4 now...!

Crap, it isn't out yet in Europe! June 6th, just barely one more month!

PS3beats360 said:

man, the hardcore sure don't know how to play games then, as Ocarina is one of the easier Zelda games. And all those citing the watertemple as hard... I have no words to describe what I really think as it really isn't that hard at all.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

nordlead said:
PS3beats360 said:

man, the hardcore sure don't know how to play games then, as Ocarina is one of the easier Zelda games. And all those citing the watertemple as hard... I have no words to describe what I really think as it really isn't that hard at all.

The water temple in OoT certainly isn't really that hard. The water temple in Majora's Mask is probably over 5 times harder, AND that temple had the most annoying boss fight ever in the entire franchise. That god damned fish.

MazeMe said:
nordlead said:
PS3beats360 said:

The water temple in OoT certainly isn't really that hard. The water temple in Majora's Mask is probably over 5 times harder, AND that temple had the most annoying boss fight ever in the entire franchise. That god damned fish.

I might agree with that, but Majora's Mask is one of the few Zelda's I haven't beaten 5 times or more, so I really don't remember the water temple in that game very well.