By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

The PS3's strongest region -> Others. I wonder if the Europeans simply don't care about the price and buy it anyway.

Tease.

Around the Network

Holy fucking crazy hell at the DS numbers...

I'll try to fit in with the nintendo fanboys /sarcasm

NINTENDO DOMINATION...

I wonder how many of them are DSL vs DSi.

Squilliam said:
The PS3's strongest region -> Others. I wonder if the Europeans simply don't care about the price and buy it anyway.

i dont think so, if the price was cut by even £50 im sure ps3 would blo past 100k!

Around the Network
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
Squilliam said:

i dont think so, if the price was cut by even £50 im sure ps3 would blo past 100k!

A 12.5% cut in price wouldn't net a 40%+ improvement in sales, pricecuts just don't work that way. I would say that it would probably settle at around 15k higher than the present levels or 85k per week with that much of a cut.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
Squilliam said:

A 12.5% cut in price wouldn't net a 40%+ improvement in sales, pricecuts just don't work that way. I would say that it would probably settle at around 15k higher than the present levels or 85k per week with that much of a cut.

In the long term yes, but in the short term sales should blow up for a few weeks.

rohail88 said:
kowenicki said:
SCEA said:
Holy Shit!!!! @ DSi

PS3 gap quickly sinking :)

Others figures for 360 gap over PS3:

week ending 4th April gap 18%

week ending 28th March gap 12%

week ending 21st March gap 18%

week ending 14th March gap 26%

week ending 7th March gap 11%

week ending 28th Feb gap -5% (PS3 sold more)

week ending 21st Feb gap 26%

Just to put this gap reducing theme of this thread to bed... the gap is all over the place. but it certainly isnt a redycing trend. I could understand that comment last week but not this week.

im sure there will be no gaps in xbox360's favour after the ps3 will get the price cut...

If it gets a price cut before Halo 3 ODST is released then you could be proved wrong.

ds no longer past 100 million

Wii sales seem to be slowing, but DS just keeps pumping out......meanwhile 360 continues to outsell both PSP & PS3.

PREDICTIONS:
(Predicted on 5/31/11) END of 2011 Sales - Xbox 360 = 62M;  PS3 = 59M;  Wii = 97M