By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

That's a very good point Hydralisk, but while some people might not be a perfect 3 at any given time according to your theory, many people's sexualities may shift and evolve during their lifetime. They might be a 2.5 for a couple years and then a 3.5 for a couple years. Not all bisexuals go "back and forth" as fast as most people expect. They might be in a 5 year relationship with a woman and then in a 5 year relationship with a man right afterwards. Or they might go to a club looking for a hot guy on Friday and then go to another club looking for a hot girl on Saturday. Or maybe they want to bring home one of each? Teehee...

Your personal pleasure criteria is also a great point. Some people are actually more physically attracted to one sex or gender while more emotionally/romantically attracted to the other sex or gender. I even had an ex-girlfriend who was only physically attracted to the female body but only dated, fell in love with, and became romantically involved with men. Where do you put somebody like that on the Kinsey Scale? Do you pay more attention to their sexual fantasies or their actual sex life or who they fall in love with? I think perfect 3's do exist in all 3 of these categories, but they could easily be just as rare as a pure 0 or a pure 6.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

Around the Network
Rubang B said:
That's a very good point Hydralisk, but while some people might not be a perfect 3 at any given time according to your theory, many people's sexualities may shift and evolve during their lifetime. They might be a 2.5 for a couple years and then a 3.5 for a couple years. Not all bisexuals go "back and forth" as fast as most people expect. They might be in a 5 year relationship with a woman and then in a 5 year relationship with a man right afterwards. Or they might go to a club looking for a hot guy on Friday and then go to another club looking for a hot girl on Saturday. Or maybe they want to bring home one of each? Teehee...

Your personal pleasure criteria is also a great point. Some people are actually more physically attracted to one sex or gender while more emotionally/romantically attracted to the other sex or gender. I even had an ex-girlfriend who was only physically attracted to the female body but only dated, fell in love with, and became romantically involved with men. Where do you put somebody like that on the Kinsey Scale? Do you pay more attention to their sexual fantasies or their actual sex life or who they fall in love with? I think perfect 3's do exist in all 3 of these categories, but they could easily be just as rare as a pure 0 or a pure 6.

You have a very interesting example there.  I truthfully have no idea where a person like that would be places on the Kinsey Scale.  I have never heard of that kind of thing although it can obviously occur.

I'm at least glad to see people make a concerted and mature effort to discuss the issue realistically here, but I can't help but wonder if that is not due more to the balance of different perspectives in it. When I think back to my Gay and Lesbian Studies Class last Semester, it was a class full of immature and childish "queer" gendered folk and if anyone was intelligent, they were quiet and didn't contribute much. They were offended by this kind of talk and wanted Sexuality and Gender to be everything that placated to their interests yet nothing tangible that could be picked at. Of course, I guess that's due more to the fact of academia and these being a bunch of stupid college kids probably relishing the chance to put their sexuality under a spot light and brag.

sound like you are describing mostly men--but then again i met alot of guys that acted like it was a trophy right to be "that guy"...you know the one who got all the girls and had all the sex...now we just pont and giggle as he tries to get rid of his uptenth VD

All of the bisexual people in this thread are lucky. I have a girlfriend but if I didn't I'd probably be hitting a club this weekend to go have some fun and meet people. I probably wouldn't be attracted to even half of the women there and would be put off by a lot of their attitudes so there would be just a few women at the club that I could really have a good time with. But it sounds like you bi people would like to go out with just about anybody you meet potentially.

Around the Network
dallas said:
All of the bisexual people in this thread are lucky. I have a girlfriend but if I didn't I'd probably be hitting a club this weekend to go have some fun and meet people. I probably wouldn't be attracted to even half of the women there and would be put off by a lot of their attitudes so there would be just a few women at the club that I could really have a good time with. But it sounds like you bi people would like to go out with just about anybody you meet potentially.

In the sense that we're not limited by gender, sure. But If I were at the same club I'd probably be put off by just as many women as you would be. And at a gay bar I'd still be limited to guys I found attractive with attitudes that didn't put me off.  Also,  I haven't quite found that club that's filled with attractive staight women and attractive gay men yet.

I'm pretty sure it's not what you're trying to say, but the idea that a bisexual somehow has lower standards than monosexuals (yeah, I went there) just ain't right.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

STOF--agreed he seems to think that just because a person is Bi means that they would just do anything--it not like that--it just mean that you can appricate the better loking of both sexes

No not at all. If your standards are the same as a gay or straight person, you would still be able to date twice as many people.

your 1st post on this page raised some interesting points girl gamer elite...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Remember, a Bisexual is only lucky if they can have both at once.